More Port Townsend Pix

  • jhkohnen@boat-links.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31, 2000
      You may recall that there was a Wooden Boat Festival in Port Townsend last
      month, and that I started scanning some of the pictures I took there and
      putting them online. Well... I finally got some more scanned, probably
      pretty close to the last ones:

      http://www.boat-links.com/PT2000/

      Looking thorough the photos I was once again blown away by how many boats
      there were there! They were just about all Real Boats too, used as they
      should be, not just for show. A lot of the interesting boats weren't
      entered in the festival, they were just there for the fun of it (though I'm
      sure most of the folks who entered boats in the festival had fun too). It's
      quite an event!

      --
      John <jkohnen@...>
      http://www.boat-links.com/
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
        John,

        They are great!! As one of the "Bolger nuts who washed up on shore"
        (without my camera) I really appreciate all your hard work in putting up the
        pictures. It was one of the best boat times I've had without being in one.
        Geat memories.

        Jim Chamberlin

      • Orr, Jamie
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
          Great shots John. Did I mention before that your picture of Wayward Lass
          pops up whenever I turn on my computer? Great stress relief valve on those
          frustrating days at work....

          Looking forward to 2001.

          Jamie Orr

[...]

          - add your comments at the TOP and SIGN your posts
          - add some content: send "thanks!" and "ditto!" posts off-list.
        • jhkohnen@boat-links.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2000
            Jim-

            You drove all the way from California and didn't bring a camera!? The PT
            Wooden Boat Festival is paradise for a boat nut with a camera. Of course
            you saved a bit on film and processing, I ended up taking about 180 shots!

            This last festival was the first where I had a boat of my own along, it
            made the experience even better! Maybe you can bring a Pointy Skiff next
            year. <g> We'll definitely have to arrange another Bolger boat nut meet
            then.

            --
            John <jkohnen@...>
            http://www.boat-links.com/
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 10, 2000
              Thanks, John for your efforts. I've looked at these pictures often.
              Jim C.

            • Peter Vanderwaart
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 10, 2000

                > > http://www.boat-links.com/PT2000/

                Very interesting pictures. I spent some time looking at the Great
                Pelican. I think that a lot of people are missing out by not using a
                pram shape in protected water. Remember PCB's first cartoon for Small
                Boat Journal?

                You don't see many brigs advertised at the yacht brokers anymore,
                more's the pity.

                Peter