Re: junk

  • Vince Chew
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2000
      Cliff,

      I don't have a junk rig, but when I had my sailmaker modify my main to
      make it fully battened, it eliminated most of the noisy flapping when
      the sail luffs. Same with a junk, but more so. You can let the sail
      feather into the wind without it flapping.

      As far as station keeping is concerned, the junk is reefed by simply
      dropping as many sail panels as one wishes into their topping lifts. No
      tying of reef knots, or pulling on reefing lines. A typical junk will
      be divided into about five panels. This gives a lot of options for the
      amount of sail area.

      Vince Chew