Re: trailer wanted

  • David Jost
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 30, 2000
      The trailer thing is pretty straightforward for the stock Diablo.
      on the bottom. I used a layer of dynel cloth set in epoxy on both the
      inside and outside to prevent any delamination and to give it a little
      stiffness. I also only use a 10 hp Johnson with no more than 400 lbs
      aboard. It still get up on plane and the kids are happy with it.
      Admittedly, a 15 hp motor would be more exciting.
      This is my second generation Diablo. The first one had serious
      oilcanning due to delamination of the luan plywood that I used, this
      could have been quite serious had I not taken the precaution to glass
      the outside. It is hard to believe how rigid that layer of glass can
      be!

      Happy boating,
      David Jost