watervan

  • Chuck Leinweber
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 28, 2000
      Guys:

      There was so much interest in the watervan (me included) that as soon as I realized that I had the MAIB copy, I had to scan the article and uploaded to the files area.  to save space, I OCR'd the text, so there may be a few errors there, and the notes on the drawings are hard to read, so if there are any specific questions, I will be happy to get my magnifying glass out and clarify whatever I can.  Enjoy.

    • Ken Kongslie
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 2, 2003
        Would the Water work as a tubbing/skiing boat? would quick turns be OK?
        ken
      • grant corson
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 4, 2004
          The watervam sounds interesting, is there somewhere I can see photos or more
          specks about it?
          Thanks, Grant, it is sunny in Vermont today, a rare treat in winter
        • boatnut202
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 4, 2004
            I'm pretty sure there are some nice photos of Watervan in the photo
            section here....sure wish we could access them...how do we get past
            the group error page... anyone???
            Patrick
          • grant corson
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 4, 2004
              Can anyone tell me where I might find pictures, specs, etc about the
              WaterVan?
              Thanks, Grant
            • John B. Trussell
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 4, 2004
                Watervan was the subject of one of Bolger's articles in "Messing About in Boats" 5 or 6 years ago. I'll see if I can find it and let you know the issue.

                John T
                Can anyone tell me where I might find pictures, specs, etc about the
                WaterVan?
                Thanks, Grant

                Bolger rules!!!

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • grant corson
                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 4, 2004
                  Thanks John
                  on 7/4/04 8:59 PM, John B. Trussell at John.Trussell@... wrote:

                  > Watervan was the subject of one of Bolger's articles in "Messing About in
                  > Boats" 5 or 6 years ago. I'll see if I can find it and let you know the
                  > issue.
                  >
                  > John T

                • Roger Derby
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 4, 2004
                    Sometimes it helps to save everything:

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 4, 2004
                      http://www.yahoogroups.com/groups/bolger/files/Watervan

                      Quoting grant corson <corson@...>:

                      > Can anyone tell me where I might find pictures, specs, etc about the
                      > WaterVan?
                      > Thanks, Grant
                    • John B. Trussell
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 6, 2004
                        Grant--If you send me your mailing address, I'll send you a xerox copy of the MAIB article.
                        John T

                        Message 11 of 17 , Jul 6, 2004
                          Of course it is already available on line in the "files" section of the
                          "bolger" group.
                          or
                          Plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester, MA, 01930, Fax:
                          (978) 282-1349

                          Roger

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jun 26, 2006
                            I would love to see a study plan of this boad and the cabin lay out
                            and length and beam. I must say it has caught my eye and need to
                            learn more.........can anyone help? Thanks Bob
                          • derbyrm
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jun 28, 2006
                              Go to Yahoo Groups, Bolger, files, and near the bottom, Watervan

                              Roger
                              derbyrm@...
                              http://home.insightbb.com/~derbyrm
                              I would love to see a study plan of this boad and the cabin lay out
                              and length and beam. I must say it has caught my eye and need to
                              learn more.........can anyone help? Thanks Bob

                            • MTNSTRYDER
                              Message 14 of 17 , Dec 17, 2010
                                does anyone have pics of a watervan?
                                are there any plans?
                                is there anyone in VT or NH that has one i could look at?
                                how do they work on very large lakes like lake champlain?
                                thankyou and merry christmas
                                David
                              • daschultz2000
                                Message 15 of 17 , Dec 18, 2010
                                  The WaterVan plans are available from PB&F. The address is in every post email I receive. They don't communicate much via the web, just an occasional posting here.

                                  If you become a member of all the available Bolger sites, and go through the files and photos you will find WaterVan pics. There is also a scan of an MAIB about the design based on the prototype built in Austrailia or New Zealand. There is at least one here in the USA, but I don't recall where.
                                • Brent
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Dec 18, 2010
                                    Try
                                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bolger/files/Watervan/

                                    Brent

                                    --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "MTNSTRYDER" <mtnstryder1@...> wrote:

                                    > does anyone have pics of a watervan?
                                    > are there any plans?
                                    > is there anyone in VT or NH that has one i could look at?
                                    > how do they work on very large lakes like lake champlain?
                                    > thankyou and merry christmas
                                    > David

                                  • Bill Howard
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Dec 18, 2010
                                      Now that is a boat my wife could love -- dry, quiet and cozy inside!

                                      Does anyone know the vital statistics?  Displacement?  Towing weight?

                                      Bill