[bolger] Luan

  • sailormon@torchlake.com
    Message 1 of 35 , Nov 10, 1999
      I have been very quiet about using it as I felt that others were down
      on the product. I designed and built a 12 foot rowing dingy, double
      chine several years ago. The bottom was glassed as I used it
      throughout florida and the bahamas. In fact beat the H out of her.
      She still sits in front of my home on the river and has never seen
      cover and is buried under four ft. of snow each winter. This in
      northern Mi. The boat is still as sound as when built her. I also
      built a 23 ft sea kayak which I use in Canada, ditto as to beating it
      up. A little heavy, but seems to make good boats. Don't tell anyone,
      but it can be found in my new topaz. Brad
    • adventures_in_astrophotography
      Message 35 of 35 , Dec 21, 2009
        Hi Graeme,

        > here the only enforceable standard is the Australian. In asia the standard is open slather. Mostly priced less than the Australian, any asian stuff stamped British Standard may be just that, or may not be worth the stamping ink. Price is a given, how do you tell its worth? In the US, does British Standard have to mean what it says?

        I actually have no idea, but the plywood is far and away the best I've ever used.

        Jon