Re: Starting a boat?

  • Rich Deming
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 3, 2000
      I'm still building the Nymph. I did make progress on her this past
      weekend by sheathing the outside with glass/epoxy. One step closer!
      I'm determined to learn to sail the Nymph before Christmas!
      Being me, I have a 14' flat bottom skiff and a solo canoe in the
      works also. They should keep me busy all winter.
      I'm determined to learn to sail that Nymph before Christmas! Did I
      say that already?

      Keep smiling,
      Rich

      --- In bolger@egroups.com, freedem@e... wrote:
      > Good Golly how did october get here? are there any other still
      > planning to start a boat for use this year and how many are going
      > build one over the winter for a spring launch?
      > happy October
      > jeffe
    • Jake Millar
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 3, 2000
        --- In bolger@egroups.com, freedem@e... wrote:
        > Good Golly how did october get here? are there any other still
        > planning to start a boat for use this year and how many are going
        > build one over the winter for a spring launch?
        > happy October
        > jeffe

        I just started a Payson Pirogue. Hull's stitched together but have'nt
        started fillets or taping yet (maybe tomorrow). I just want to get
        the hull together then take my time finishing it out. Last winter's
        project was a Light Dory (love that boat!) The winter before was a
        Michalak Toto (just sold, hence the Pirogue). Before that I built a
        Minimum Kayak for my wife and several self designed kayaks for
        myself, borrowing heavily from the Minimum Kayak- a little longer a
        little wider etc.. Somewhere in there I built an Elegant Punt for my
        nephew. Jeez! This is starting to look like a resume! At any rate
        winter boatbuilding out in the garage has become an annual tradition.
        Thank god my wife does'nt ever expect to actually put her car in
        there! Jake
      • Julie E Johnson
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 4, 2000
          I just started my two sheet maximum skiff - Summer Breeze - inspired by
          Bolger's Teal.
          I'm posting building notes and pictures as I go.
          http://members.tripod.com/simplicityboats/summerbreeze.html
          A guy who lives on San Andres Island off the coast of Columbia saw my
          half sheet model, and contacted me about building Summer Breeze. I'm
          using this as motivation to build the full sized boat. Just started
          yesterday. So far so good.
          David Beede

          Jake Millar wrote:

          > --- In bolger@egroups.com, freedem@e... wrote:
          > > Good Golly how did october get here? are there any other still
          > > planning to start a boat for use this year and how many are going
          > > build one over the winter for a spring launch?
          > > happy October
          > > jeffe

          SOME CLICKS THAT COUNT!!
          Feed someone.