Re: [bolger] Hobby Shop

  • Harry W. James
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2000
      When we first moved to Juneau, I considered living on a boat,
      until my wife reminded me that I had promised her I would build
      her a house. I cannot live with out a shop, so I was going to
      rent a storage area and set it up as a shop. If you check around
      , you will find some with power and lighting, or they will let
      you put in lighting. They come in all sorts of sizes and the
      prices are not unreasonable, at least they are not here, in a
      town with greatly inflated property values.

      HJ

      GrauSegler wrote:

      > 01001 1910EDT Living in a townhouse has limitations: no room in
      > the lowerlevel for tools and a boat, not allowed such
      > activities in the small yard:) I know it is heresy, but I`ve
      > had plans for a Pelican and great Pelican for too many years
      > and when I sell my Potter I want to build the small one.
      > Are there any "hobby' builder outfits in the Northern Va area
      > where I could layout and assemble a 12 ft ply/frg
      > sailboat(would be nice if the shop had power tools available
      > too); I have tools in the house and could cut the parts if
      > necessary, but absolutely no room for assembly.

      _ _ _ _ _
      % Harry welshman@...