Re: [bolger] Re: Launched

  • Jim Pope
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 2, 2000
      Nice work.
      But don't listen to those negative types. Those schooners all piled up there
      in Maine simply waited for the next good nor'easter and just broad reached
      their way right back down to the home of the Cod and the Bean.
      Jim

      Peter Vanderwaart wrote:

      > > The light scooner Margaret Ellen has been launched. Sails
      > > beautifully. Wife likes it, baby Margaret Ellen likes it, the dog
      > > curled up in the forward cockpit and snoozed.
      >
      > Well done!
      >
      > Not only is it impossible to sail upwind with a gaff rig, but a
      > schooner can't do it even with marconi rig. All those coasting
      > schooners were built in Boston, ran Down East to Eastport and were
      > abandoned there.
      >
      > Peter
      >

      > Bolger rules!!!
      > - no cursing
      > - stay on topic
      > - use punctuation
    • Mark Albanese
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 2, 2000
        David,

        The thing that shines in all your writing here is your enthusiasm for
        building boats.
        To be in it floating must have been very sweet. Good work.

        Mark