Dakota plans price ?

  • rkldude
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 7, 2014

      Susanne,

       I hope this message gets to you. I had purchased the plans from you for Wyoming awhile back but have decided that it is a little to large and would be interested in purchasing the plans for Dakota at this time. I feel that it is probably more suited to my needs.

       Can you let me know how much it is for Dakota plans ?

       Thank you, Richard Laux

    • phil.bolger
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 9, 2014
        Hello Richard,
            Phil listed plans for Design # 624 DAKOTA at $300.- as well, sent rolled in a tube via priority mail.

        Tell me again what your projected use of either WYOMING or DAKOTA would be.
        As reflected across recent years in MAIB, a number of ‘next generation’ i.e. vee-nose sharpies have been discussed.
        For instance, SACPAS-3 on 39’1 x 7’ hull /7’5” overall beam would fit inside a 40-foot container, whether powered by a 225HP for 25kts or a single 50HP for a miserly 8 knots.

        Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 9, 2014
          Where can we see images of the SACPAS-3? Specs?

          Thank you

          Liam Derby

          ******************
          Liam Derby  ><>

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 9, 2014
            Well, ... in MAIB.  So far no web-presence until she gets ‘wet’...
            I have continued the monthly MAIB design-column, with just a few issues without one soon after the tragedy, essentially 5 years now, or 5x 12 issues.
            Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 9, 2014
              Unfortunately I did not have a subscription to MAIB in those days, I lapsed for about 8 years and just recently restarted.

              ******************
              Liam Derby  ><>

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 9, 2014
                Check with Bob about back-issues.
                And I’ll check which issues would cover the issue in particular.

                Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 9, 2014
                  Thank you ma'am.

                  ******************
                  Liam Derby  ><>

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 9, 2014

                    Susanne, I am looking to build a sharpie with flat bottom that can accommodate 2 living aboard and takes a low horsepower engine. A boat that I can layout the interior as I see fit for my needs. This boat will be used to travel the Great Loop and after that is done it will be a liveaboard in and near the Heartland. I am also wanting it to be able to be built quickly and if at all possible in the Instant boat style. It can not be longer than 40 feet and would like to keep the beam to no more than 8 feet. I had thought that Dakota would fit the parameters nicely. What I had in mind is close to the layout of the drawing of the modified Dakota that I have seen in the files section.

                     Regards, Richard

                  • rkldude
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 9, 2014

                      Susanne,

                       I feel confident that Dakota will fit the bill nicely and am taking the plunge and sending you the funds to purchase the plans.

                       Richard Laux

                    • phil.bolger
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 10, 2014
                        Little to argue with there.
                        You know what you need.
                        And that is that.
                        This should make a project in the spirit Phil intended.

                        Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                        Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 6:58 PM

                        Susanne,

                        I feel confident that Dakota will fit the bill nicely and am taking the plunge and sending you the funds to purchase the plans.

                        Richard Laux

                      • c.ruzer
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 12, 2014

                          Yahoo! Groups

                          Yahoo! Groups

                          Yahoo! Groups

                          Yahoo! Groups

                          Yahoo! Groups

                          Yahoo! Groups

                          ---In bolger@yahoogroups.com, <rkldude@...> wrote : I am looking to build a sharpie with flat bottom that can accommodate 2 living aboard and takes a low horsepower engine. A boat that I can layout the interior as I see fit for my needs.