Wanted: Black Skimmer, Martha Jane, Dovekie or similar

  • gmkdart
    Message 1 of 48 , Mar 7, 2014
      Hello,
      I am currently in the market for a Bolger boat. Preferably one that is sailable but maybe needs some clean-up/work from disuse. I'm really interested in Black Skimmer, but maybe she is a bit big for my current needs.
      Planning trips to Georgian Bay and Martha's Vineyard.
      My budget is around 3k max (what can I say, I'm a broke student).
      In addition to money, I have a CLC skerry, and possibly a kawasaki ninja 250 motorcycle (well maintained) for trade.
      Thanks in advance.
      g k r au t h a (at) u v m (dot)c o m
      (no spaces between the letters.
      Michael
    • John Trussell
      Message 48 of 48 , May 17, 2014

        The flat bottomed, radius chine approach was something that PCB first noticed on an O’Day 22 and subsequently used on his Dovekie. It is also a feature on Thames Barges which PCB admired and which influenced a number of his designs…

        JohnT