as39 for sale

  • tompee77
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 29, 2013

      Looks like bob archibald old wizerd for sale in floriduh.

    • Leigh
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 29, 2013
        How about a link to it

        Leigh Ross

        484-464-1575 (C)

        On Dec 29, 2013, at 15:44, <tompee77@...> wrote:

        Looks like bob archibald old wizerd for sale in floriduh.

      • Tom Pee

          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 1, 2014

            I see the name Angelita on it. Why do you think it is/was Bob Archibald's Wizard? It seems to have a pointy bow rather than the characteristic AS-xx transom bow.

            http://www.popyachts.com/Page/Site-Listing/33740/Page.html

              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 10, 2014
                I communicated with Bob Archibald. Unless several substantial structural changes have been made, it does not appear to be his Wizard.

                Regards,
                John
                --------------------------------

                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 10, 2014
                  Was just throughtout north florida and should have looked at.  Wonder where bobs AS is located, maybe you can ask him?

                  On Friday, January 10, 2014 10:37 AM, vertboiler <jrmcdan@...> wrote:

                  I communicated with Bob Archibald. Unless several substantial structural changes have been made, it does not appear to be his Wizard.

                  Regards,
                  John
                  --------------------------------
                  --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Tom Pee <tompee77@...> wrote:

                  > Well it from florida where wizard was built and some other similiarities as I remember, would say its a 90% chance that it.
                  >

                  > On Wednesday, January 1, 2014 10:24 AM, "a.sobriquet@..." <a.sobriquet@...> wrote:
                  >

                  > I see the name Angelita on it. Why do you think it is/was Bob Archibald's Wizard? It seems to have a pointy bow rather than the characteristic AS-xx transom bow.
                  >

                  > http://www.popyachts.com/Page/Site-Listing/33740/Page.html
                  >

                  > ---In bolger@yahoogroups.com, <tompee77@> wrote:
                  >

                  > Look up "bolger as39 for sale" boatsncycles pops up.  Just looked at it again and there are many more pictures.  Asking price is $25,500.00.
                  >
                  > Would like to hear from Bob Archibald who originally built it and get a retake on what he said (paraphrasing) on this forum many years ago "coming around a bend the wind picks up and all control is lost".  This would be expected with a boat with such high structure and no leeway prevention appendage when the board is lifted.

                • eric14850
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 12, 2014
                    Materials alone must come to a lot more than the $25000 asking price.  Clearly the only reason to build a boat is to enjoy the process of building a boat.  Tempting.  Ahhh, but I already have a boat that I don't use enough and can't sell for what I have invested in it.

                    Eric
                  • c.ruzer
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 1, 2014

                      BUMP

                      THE LATEST BOT marketing NOTICE about THIS boat came today. (IIRC I had to register an email addy to view the pics, hence I have received a couple bot mail notices since.)

                      Marked down now from $45000 to $15500! But as I'm three oceans away the advised asking price dropping to their converted figure of "apx. 17,252 AUD (sic)" is again unfortunately no good to me :(

                      Check it out:

                      http://www.popyachts.com/Page/Site-Listing/33740/Sail/Schooner/Okaloosa-County-FL/2012-Bolger-AS39-Sharpie/View.html?C=234939

                      If you're close enough to the boat location  to take a peek I'd like to hear what you find and think of it.

                    • BruceHallman

                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 4, 2014
                          No kidding. $15,500? That is just a steal. Big bag of peat moss onboard. Nature's Head perhaps? I couldn't tell by eyeballing the head. I hope the fluffy pillows are included too :-)
                          Bill, in Texas
                        • Mark Albanese
                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 4, 2014

                            Begin forwarded message:

                            From: "Joey Champagne" <joeyc@...>
                            Date: April 3, 2014 4:11:01 PM PDT
                            To: "Mark Albanese" <marka97203@...>
                            Subject: RE: Your inquiry on 2012 Bolger AS39 Sharpie

                            Hi Mark,

                            Thank you for your interest in the vessel we have listed at POP Yachts.

                            I have included a link to the boat on our website:
                            http://www.popyachts.com/View/33740/

                            The hull is made of A/C grade plywood.Thats what Bolger specified I use.There are two layers on the bottom all joints are scarfed&epoxied screwed together with stainless screws.One sheet for the sides also scarfed&epoxied.The mid section has an additional layer of 3/4 A/C laminated in epoxy and screwed together with stainless screws.The bottom of the hull has two layers of 10 OZ fiber glass cloth.The sides have one layer.The deck one layer all in epoxy.The hull bottom&sides was primed and painted with an epoxy primer.The sides were painted with a
                            two part urethane high gloss.Bottom Trinidad pettit red 74% copper... The boat is being stored behind a private residence. Seller is in Costa Rica and motivated to sell.  Just did a 5k price reduction.  --please let me know if you need additional info.-- very unique vessel !

                            POP Yachts specializes in working with out of state and overseas clients. We are a full service brokerage and understand the needs and concerns of foreign buyers. We have many happy references all around the world and we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your purchase decision. If you are looking for someone that you can trust to provide you with honest and accurate information, please do not hesitate to contact me at (850) 276-9574.

                            Also, we can provide you with a complimentary copy of the BoatHistoryReport.com History Report for this vessel (a $34.99 value). Just let me know if you would like me to run this report for you (at no cost to you). We encourage all our buyers to hire and schedule a survey before purchasing any used vessels so you know what you are buying.

                            Thank You!
                            Joey Champagne | Licensed Regional Sales Executive
                            POP Yachts | 6384 Tower Lane, Sarasota, FL 34240
                            P: (850) 276-9574 | F: (815) 425-8788 | W: joeyc.popyachts.com

                            (FL) Sales License #8125

                            "I've met the most interesting people while flying or on a boat. These methods of travel seem to attract the kind of people I want to be with." - Hedy Lamarr

                            How's My Driving?

                            We can sell your boat - just ask me how.

                            # [9478767]

                          • Mark Albanese
                            Message 13 of 13 , Apr 8, 2014

                              Need the transport back to Oregon or have to move to Florida. $8700

                              I could just about swing this, and it is so, so tempting, even tho built with acx. Deep reflection says that boat is more use to me in 3-5 years than it is today. So I'm passing.

                              Ah, Costa Rica!

                              Mark

                              Begin forwarded message: