Re: [bolger] MASCF

  • Leigh
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 6, 2013
      There will be next year. I'm refitting Pelican. ( Martha Jane). We plan on doing a lot of sailing in her next year. If any one knows anything about her history ,please contact me.

      Leigh Ross

      484 464 1575 C
      610  624 1730 H

      On Oct 6, 2013, at 9:40, Cod <dadadata@...> wrote:

      Far as I could determine there were no Bolger plywood designs at the weekend's mid-Atlantic Small Craft Fest. Some could have been too far out in the Miles River to see.

      Bill Parkes brought his Dovekie, however, always nice to see one. There was a "sharpie schooner" which certainly showed PCB influence though I couldn't identify the plan specifically.

      I plead guilty to neglecting to bring my Birdwatcher, but I plead a medical excuse. Box Turtle will be in the water at the Downrigging Festival in Chestertown MD first weekend November. Just google sultana Downrigging festival.

      But in terms of DIY small boating, this was one of the best yet. The day was almost too warm, unusual for MASCF. Paddle, row and sail of all types, several electric launches, and a couple of skiffs obviously built as floating displays for vintage motors. There was enough wind for almost everyone to sail, except maybe the replica John Smith shallop, which is one heavy momma. There were people in Old Town plastic canoes and people in boats built to cabinetmaker standards. Great to see.

      Speaking of influence, Jim Michalak boats didn't seem to be represented either, and I saw no Gavin Atkin meeseboats.

      And several John Harris designs hinted at his long interest in Phil's ideas.

      Whack-boing! It's dub!
      www.thecheappages.com

    • alias1719
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 7, 2013

         The sharpie schooner you likely are talking about (there were several) was a Bolger "His and Hers Schooner" - newly completed and the only one I've seen. Nicely done. There was also an "Elegant Punt," though they were using a different sail rig.

        Fun event, lots of amazing small boats - more than the show at Mystic - and lots of nice folks.

        Dave Gentry

        ---In bolger@yahoogroups.com, <bolger@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Far as I could determine there were no Bolger plywood designs at the weekend's mid-Atlantic Small Craft Fest. S

        Bill Parkes brought his Dovekie, however, always nice to see one. There was a "sharpie schooner" which certainly showed PCB influence though I couldn't identify the plan specifically..

      • c.ruzer
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 28, 2013

           MARTHA JANE Zephyr http://home.comcast.net/~kgmurphy/sws/00-9/page3.html

          H&H/SHS http://www.clcboats.com/images/photos/ontheroad/2013/mascf/20-IMG_5224.JPG

          DOVEKIE http://www.clcboats.com/images/photos/ontheroad/2013/mascf/13-IMG_5161.JPG

          http://www.clcboats.com/boatbuilding-news-events/mascf-mid-atlantic-small-craft-festival-2013-wrap.html

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dk7FawaHpA&feature=youtube_gdata

          Craig O'Donnell MASCF 2013 pics http://www.myeasternshoremd.com/news/kent_county/collection_4dfb525e-fd04-59a2-901f-0b0902906491.html

          More COD pics http://www.stardem.com/multimedia/photos/collection_e50cfbab-1463-56d5-8287-64f8b1148a8f.html

          ---In bolger@yahoogroups.com, <alias1719@...> wrote:

           The sharpie schooner you likely are talking about (there were several) was a Bolger "His and Hers Schooner" - newly completed and the only one I've seen. Nicely done. There was also an "Elegant Punt," though they were using a different sail rig.

          Fun event, lots of amazing small boats - more than the show at Mystic - and lots of nice folks.

          Dave Gentry

          ---In bolger@yahoogroups.com, <bolger@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Far as I could determine there were no Bolger plywood designs at the weekend's mid-Atlantic Small Craft Fest. S

          Bill Parkes brought his Dovekie, however, always nice to see one. There was a "sharpie schooner" which certainly showed PCB influence though I couldn't identify the plan specifically..

        • BruceHallman
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 28, 2013
            Wow, the photos on this page are so professional that they would make a great 2014 Wall Calendar.

          • lboatman@ymail.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 26, 2014
              My 94% scale Single Handed Schooner Puzzled Mullet was there and won 3rd place in the contemporary category. Is that maybe the sharpie schooner that you saw? Natural wood finish with colored wood accents and tan bark sails?

              I'd post a picture but they seem to have done away with that ability since the last time I was here.

              Laszlo
            • Michael Childs
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 28, 2014
                Very nice job. Great photos. Thanks for all the photos and text. It was very informative.

                Michael Childs
                415 828 9663 - 626 799 9796
                www.michaelchilds.com
                michael_v_childs@...