Re: [bolger] 103 sailing rigs

  • BruceHallman
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 3, 2013
      Woah!  All of a sudden that really excellent Bolger book has become scarce and expensive.  With just two copies coming up on a rare book search, priced $105 and $399.

      On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM, Scot McPherson <scot.mcpherson@...> wrote:

      Suzanne and all,
      Is there someplace I can get a copy of this book? I really need an in depth read of different sail plans. I am getting ready to start building "something" and I am stuck between ketch/yawl, cutter and schooner.

      My favorite sailplan in the schooner, but I want to consider and want confirmation of all the points about making a such a selection at the beginning rather than later.

      Scot McPherson, PMP CISSP MCSA
      Old Lyme, CT
      Sent from my iPhone

    • Harry James

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 3, 2013

          $25.00

          Liam Derby
          Denver, CO

          On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Harry James <welshman@...> wrote:

[...]

          ******************
          Liam Derby  ><>
        • Harry James

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 3, 2013
              You're gonna HATE me...I got a copy used at my local chandlery for $12.00 about 6 months ago.

              ;-)

              Tom

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 4, 2013
                    Try the library, That is where I got my firrst copy to read.  After that I decided to take the plunge and buy a copy when they were plentiful and cheap.  I know both of the major library networks in Massachusetts have several copies.  Worst possible case you go to your library and ask for an out of network loan if they don't have it in the network.

                    Steven
                  • Stephen Kandul
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 4, 2013

                      Hot dang!  I have my copy that I got years ago for something like $10 or so and it’s in pristine condition.  Read it once and put it on the shelf.  No room for it in the gun safe though…

                      Schooner rigs look nice but you should look at Susanne’s write up for the two masted design #667 in MAIB recently.   Big, simple sail rig with simple rigging and hard ware, easy to reef.  Not a lot of bloomers and light air sails to be tweeking all the time.  Seems like a good idea to me.  KISS.

                      Regards, SSK