RE: [bolger] RE: RE: Scanning for pirated copies of Boats With An Open Mind

  • Andrew Porter
    Message 1 of 45 , Sep 25, 2013
      BWOM? By Word of Mouth?

      To: bolger@yahoogroups.com
      From: philbolger@...
      Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 15:59:54 -0400
      Subject: Re: [bolger] RE: RE: Scanning for pirated copies of Boats With An Open Mind

      Hello All.
      McGraw-Hill only has rights to publish BWOM.  And they are not doing much business on that, it seems...
      After a lot on this end, I’ll be back with more answers to various queries.
      Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

      Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:47 PM

      Hi Harry and Sue!

      I am wondering if the question needs to be addressed to the publisher instead of the author?  McGraw Hill (I think) owns the rights to publish the books published by International Marine Publishing. (Which covers most, if not all, of the PB&F catalog of books.)

      On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Harry James <welshman@...> wrote:

      Hi Sue , haven't heard from you in a while

      I couldn't find BWAOM in the kindle store, just a reference to it in paper.

      HJ

      On 9/25/2013 9:05 AM, futabachan@... wrote:
      BWAOM is already available in the Kindle store. Likewise several Dynamite Payson books featuring smaller Bolger designs.

      ---In bolger@yahoogroups.com, mailto:bolger@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      Please, if there is a chance, make Phil`s books avaliable in e-book format.
      I have lost several non-boat related books(including a 200 usd "Historical Lute Construction", which I was going to donate to my Living History group) as well as other purchases to my country`s dreaded Customs and PostService. Everything that came through took from 2 to 5 months(American Small Sailing Craft was the slowest)... Being able to buy a book and instantly download it to my KINDLE is a godsend.
      So I`ll be sitting here with my credit card ready :)

      ---In bolger@yahoogroups.com, mailto:davidjost@... wrote:

      I too would love to purchase these as electronic books. I currently read Wooden Boat online in addition to subscriptions, and like to read these on an IPad. It is just nice to have all your books and magazines in one handy place.

      David Jost

    • futabachan
      Message 45 of 45 , Sep 27, 2013

        The original "Instant Boats" with the Teal is gone, too. "Build the New Instant Boats" and "Boatbuilding With Dynamite Payson" are still there.

        ---In bolger@yahoogroups.com, <bolger@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        On 9/26/2013 9:43 AM, futabachan@... wrote:

        That's really weird -- it's not there now. I have it in my Kindle account, and it used to be available by Kindle, but it's not there now.

        It got removed about a year or so back.

        I have it on my kindle also.

        Mike Allison (North of Kansas City Mo, USA)
        E-Mail: mysloop@...