Re: [bolger] AS-29

  • Rod Symington
    Message 1 of 37 , Aug 31, 2013
      About 7, 300 lbs. (Just finished building.)

      Rod

      Message 37 of 37 , Aug 31, 2013
        These boats tend to come out at about design weight, I think 7300# as Rod said. Mine was on her lines when I first rebuilt her. No longer, though, when she's full of cruising stuff. I'd recommend allowing for 8500# plus the weight of the trailer. I used to have a modified 10,500#-capacity flatbed, three-axle trailer, which was overkill.

        Depending on the cost of the axles, consider having the trailer refitted for three axles; then you'll be fine with the 3500# axles, and your tire life will be a lot better. Welding for these kinds of jobs is routine and isn't expensive.