Re: [bolger] Dilemma about my Topaz Spyder

  • Christopher C. Wetherill
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 23 12:35 PM
      Bruce,

      I feel your pain.  I have a Payson's Pirogue I started 2 years ago that is sitting in storage because I haven't had the time to coat it.

      For me it would come down to the question:  "If I do not have the time to finish the project, will I have time to enjoy and maintain her after she's finished?"  If that answer is no, then I would sell her.

      V/R
      Chris

      On 8/23/2013 1:24 PM, BruceHallman wrote:
      I have an interesting predicament, which other boat nuts around here
      might share.  And, I am curious to hear your feedback.

      As many of you know, I spent a couple years (mostly enjoyment)
      building a Bolger Topaz Spyder.  I got it 98% complete, never
      launched.  The biggest piece of work remaining, really the only
      significant piece of unfinished work is the electrical work which is
      primarily the installation of the console gauges of the Honda 90
      outboard.

      http://www.hallman.org/TopazSpyder/

      Anyway, I got laid off during the 2009 recession for a few months.  I
      got hired back and my life is now great, but a zillion other projects
      are lined up and truth be told my Spyder is languishing sitting on
      some pavement in a nearby boatyard.

      I would love to finish her and see her in action, but then again, I
      have tons of other things to do with my time.

      The boat yard called yesterday and said they want use that space for
      other things and starting October 1st, I need to find another boat
      yard.

      So, I am torn, move her to another boat yard, or sell her.

      What are your thoughts about this dilemma?

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          bolger-digest@yahoogroups.com
          bolger-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Harry James
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 23 2:45 PM
        Bruce

        What book was the Topaz in?

        HJ
        On 8/23/2013 9:24 AM, BruceHallman wrote:
        > I have an interesting predicament, which other boat nuts around here
        > might share. And, I am curious to hear your feedback.
        >
        > As many of you know, I spent a couple years (mostly enjoyment)
        > building a Bolger Topaz Spyder. I got it 98% complete, never
        > launched. The biggest piece of work remaining, really the only
        > significant piece of unfinished work is the electrical work which is
        > primarily the installation of the console gauges of the Honda 90
        > outboard.
        >
        > http://www.hallman.org/TopazSpyder/
        >
        > Anyway, I got laid off during the 2009 recession for a few months. I
        > got hired back and my life is now great, but a zillion other projects
        > are lined up and truth be told my Spyder is languishing sitting on
        > some pavement in a nearby boatyard.
        >
        > I would love to finish her and see her in action, but then again, I
        > have tons of other things to do with my time.
        >
        > The boat yard called yesterday and said they want use that space for
        > other things and starting October 1st, I need to find another boat
        > yard.
        >
        > So, I am torn, move her to another boat yard, or sell her.
        >
        > What are your thoughts about this dilemma?

      • BruceHallman
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 23 3:30 PM
          Not a book, MAIB V19N04.

          On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Harry James <welshman@...> wrote:

          Bruce

          What book was the Topaz in?

          HJ

          On 8/23/2013 9:24 AM, BruceHallman wrote:
          > I have an interesting predicament, which other boat nuts around here
          > might share. And, I am curious to hear your feedback.
          >
          > As many of you know, I spent a couple years (mostly enjoyment)
          > building a Bolger Topaz Spyder. I got it 98% complete, never
          > launched. The biggest piece of work remaining, really the only
          > significant piece of unfinished work is the electrical work which is
          > primarily the installation of the console gauges of the Honda 90
          > outboard.
          >
          > http://www.hallman.org/TopazSpyder/
          >
          > Anyway, I got laid off during the 2009 recession for a few months. I
          > got hired back and my life is now great, but a zillion other projects
          > are lined up and truth be told my Spyder is languishing sitting on
          > some pavement in a nearby boatyard.
          >
          > I would love to finish her and see her in action, but then again, I
          > have tons of other things to do with my time.
          >
          > The boat yard called yesterday and said they want use that space for
          > other things and starting October 1st, I need to find another boat
          > yard.
          >
          > So, I am torn, move her to another boat yard, or sell her.
          >
          > What are your thoughts about this dilemma?

        • Tom
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 23 5:38 PM
            Bruce,

            You're in PDX right?  i might have space for you in the yard I just bought near Gresham, at least for a year or so.

            Tom

            Sent from my iPhone