Re: [bolger] Re: LCU-F - PROCEEDINGS Magazine article 'pdf'

  • phil.bolger
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 8, 2013
      I could offer a ‘translation’ for the ‘mil-speak’;  actually it seems no worse than other areas of particular focus where ‘tech-speak’ is inevitable to compress lengthy word-combinations that compress larger concepts into indeed acronyms.
      List the ‘puzzle’ and I will offer the solution.

      Susanne

      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 8, 2013
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, <philbolger@...> wrote:

        SNIP

        > Back on smaller-craft design matters, to those who (still) do not
        > read MAIB ‘as a matter of course’, the next issue will feature
        > another here-to-fore unpublished Design.

        Speaking of such, what is the present status of AS-34 (#676)? I was intrigued by the MAIB article and enchanted by the hull shape.
      • Joe T
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 8, 2013
          Got enough of the lingo to get what I need out of it. Understand enough to get the main message, Thanks.

          Joe T

          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, <philbolger@...> wrote:

          > I could offer a ‘translation’ for the ‘mil-speak’; actually it seems no worse than other areas of particular focus where ‘tech-speak’ is inevitable to compress lengthy word-combinations that compress larger concepts into indeed acronyms.
          > List the ‘puzzle’ and I will offer the solution.
          >
          > Susanne

        • phil.bolger
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 11, 2013
            Well, PR, the ‘dark secret’ is that someone will have to help finance its further development.
            There is a fair amount of energy necessary to develop the concept.
            Here we’d have to see it subsidized through ‘the rest’ of the process.

            As to her shape and appearance, beyond some of the optional curves in her profile the shape is a fairly sober assembly of desirable attributes:
            - another developmental stage of the sharpie with that box-forefoot,
            - the fillets for a smooth entry sailing and at rest,
            - integration into the cat-, cat-yawl- and periauger (cat-schooner) -rig geometries,
            - together with the ‘wing catheads’ for ready-to-drop anchors.

            AS-34 and AS-40 are ‘my’ designs in those respects.
            Phil had used is ‘Advanced Sharpie’ in designs from 12’ OLD SHOE to at least 38’ LOOSE MOOSE II.
            As with our sharpie-related powerboat hulls of those years together, we moved developments further, such as with #679 and now post-Phil my #681 SACPAS-3.

            But this all takes resources to get done.  Progress thus often depends upon support by clients, or ‘syndicates’ of clients pooling modest resources to see a design completed.

            Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

            Sent: Monday, July 08, 2013 3:52 PM
            Subject: [bolger] Unpublished designs (was Re: LCU-F - PROCEEDINGS Magazine article 'pdf')