[bolger] Re: Paint & Windsprint

  • Richard Spelling
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 4, 1999
      HenryClann@... wrote:

      > Looking more and more at AF3. It's a fairly simple looking boat & rig. I
      > wonder if anyone has rigged one as a Cat Yawl I think that would be quite
      > nice using maybe a balance Lug on front & a sprit on the back? That would
      > look "kewl"? & old timey. I am too much of a wussey to takle a Chebacco at
      > this time....
      > Larry
      I like the AF3, mine is pretty much just a bigger version.

      I don't know if anyone has rigged one as a Cat Yawl, I would think that
      it would tend to take away the simplicity of the boat. Plus, at 15ft,
      adding another sail to tend...

      I have to admit though, I like the idea of the mizzen holding the boat
      into the wind while you mess with the main... And I guess the Micro is a
      cat yawl at around the same length.

      BTW, the AF2 is going together very nice and quick. I picked it because
      it was the most boat I could get for the time and money invested. The
      same applies to the AF3, and if I didn't have a hankering to build the
      prototype, and didn't need to carry more than a couple of passengers, I
      would have seriously considered the AF3.

      --
      Richard
      Spelling|richard@...|http://www.spellingbusiness.com