Re: [bolger] On the cover of the PROCEEDINGS...

  • BruceHallman
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 2, 2013

      The article is behind a $49 paywall, and we can only see the first sentence.

      But, I notice that my local library card gives me access to their online periodical database EBSCOhost which includes full text of this publication.  Perhaps your library card also has this feature.

      (Presently, their most current issue available is June'13 but I expect this July'13 issue to come online soon.)  Also, their catalog says the issues are available physically in the library.

      http://hallman.org/bolger/isometrics#LCU-F

      On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 4:44 AM, <philbolger@...> wrote:

      ...after lot of work.
      First line up on top.
      Check out  www.usni.org
      July 2013 issue.
      The site will allow a brief initial glimpse.

      In this highest-level typically policy-centric monthly, Bolger and Altenburger contribute their perspective to the discussion around the US Navy’s ship-to-shore landing craft.
      This is our most serious work yet.
      And this should help explain where a fair amount of our and and more recently my energy has gone into...

      I should be able to share the piece without you becoming members.

      Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

    • Peter
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 2, 2013
        Bruce,

        While checking out your link, I noted the title "Live-On-Board Scow Schooner" is over a drawing of the "Liveaboard Sailer for One" which is not a scow and not a schooner.

        I can't imagine how many hours you've put into this reference, and I find it very useful, so please understand that the comment is the hope of being useful, not as a criticism.

        Peter

        > The article is behind a $49 paywall, and we can only see the first
        > sentence.
        >
        > But, I notice that my local library card gives me access to their online
        > periodical database EBSCOhost which includes full text of this publication.
        > Perhaps your library card also has this feature.
        >
        > (Presently, their most current issue available is June'13 but I expect this
        > July'13 issue to come online soon.) Also, their catalog says the issues
        > are available physically in the library.
        >

        > http://hallman.org/bolger/isometrics#LCU-F
        >

        > On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 4:44 AM, <philbolger@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > ...after lot of work.
        > > First line up on top.
        > > Check out www.usni.org
        > > July 2013 issue.
        > > The site will allow a brief initial glimpse.
        > >
        > > In this highest-level typically policy-centric monthly, Bolger and
        > > Altenburger contribute their perspective to the discussion around the US
        > > Navy's ship-to-shore landing craft.
        > > This is our most serious work yet.
        > > And this should help explain where a fair amount of our and and more
        > > recently my energy has gone into...
        > >
        > > I should be able to share the piece without you becoming members.
        > >
        > > Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

      • BruceHallman
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 2, 2013
          Thanks Peter for your efforts proof reading that webpage I truly appreciate your help.  I fixed that error, I believe, see here:

          http://hallman.org/bolger/isometrics#Live-On-BoardScowSchooner

          (You might need to reload the page if an erroneous cached version exists in your browser.)

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 2, 2013
            On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 6:03 AM, Bill Howard <billh39@...> wrote:

            I look forward to

            Read the article and see the illustrations in the 'photos' section here at:

          • Bill Howard
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 2, 2013
              Thanks Bruce!

              Great work.