On the cover of the PROCEEDINGS...

  • phil.bolger
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 2, 2013
      ...after lot of work.
      First line up on top.
      Check out  www.usni.org
      July 2013 issue.
      The site will allow a brief initial glimpse.

      In this highest-level typically policy-centric monthly, Bolger and Altenburger contribute their perspective to the discussion around the US Navy’s ship-to-shore landing craft.
      This is our most serious work yet.
      And this should help explain where a fair amount of our and and more recently my energy has gone into...

      I should be able to share the piece without you becoming members.

      Susanne Altenburger, PB&F
    • Bill Howard
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 2, 2013
        Susanne:

        Rats.

        "This content is only accessible by current members."
        Can you post the article so that we can read it?

        Bill Howard
        Nellysford

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 2, 2013
          Look in that issue for “A Landing Craft for the 21st century...”
          The profile-outline of LCU-F was cut into Phil’s Headstone summer of 2009.
          More later...

          Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 2, 2013
            I should be able to share the piece as a .pdf later.

            Of course, some may think that that issue as a hardcopy in your hand should become a ‘Collector’s Items’...  Wear cotton gloves.

            Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 2, 2013

              Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 8:04 AM

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 2, 2013
                I look forward to
                • buying a copy of this article, or
                • buying this issue of the PROCEEDINGS, or
                • reading a (free) .pdf.

                I do not wish to join USNI for $49 per year.

                Bill Howard
                Nellysford, VA

                Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 8:04 AM

                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 2, 2013
                  Call their Circulation Department...
                  I hope to get the .pdf soon.
                  Hardcopy will take longer to arrive here.
                  Susanne

                  Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 8:04 AM

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 2, 2013

                    The article is behind a $49 paywall, and we can only see the first sentence.

                    But, I notice that my local library card gives me access to their online periodical database EBSCOhost which includes full text of this publication.  Perhaps your library card also has this feature.

                    (Presently, their most current issue available is June'13 but I expect this July'13 issue to come online soon.)  Also, their catalog says the issues are available physically in the library.

                    http://hallman.org/bolger/isometrics#LCU-F

                    On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 4:44 AM, <philbolger@...> wrote:

                    ...after lot of work.
                    First line up on top.
                    Check out  www.usni.org
                    July 2013 issue.
                    The site will allow a brief initial glimpse.

                    In this highest-level typically policy-centric monthly, Bolger and Altenburger contribute their perspective to the discussion around the US Navy’s ship-to-shore landing craft.
                    This is our most serious work yet.
                    And this should help explain where a fair amount of our and and more recently my energy has gone into...

                    I should be able to share the piece without you becoming members.

                    Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                  • Peter
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 2, 2013
                      Bruce,

                      While checking out your link, I noted the title "Live-On-Board Scow Schooner" is over a drawing of the "Liveaboard Sailer for One" which is not a scow and not a schooner.

                      I can't imagine how many hours you've put into this reference, and I find it very useful, so please understand that the comment is the hope of being useful, not as a criticism.

                      Peter

                      > The article is behind a $49 paywall, and we can only see the first
                      > sentence.
                      >
                      > But, I notice that my local library card gives me access to their online
                      > periodical database EBSCOhost which includes full text of this publication.
                      > Perhaps your library card also has this feature.
                      >
                      > (Presently, their most current issue available is June'13 but I expect this
                      > July'13 issue to come online soon.) Also, their catalog says the issues
                      > are available physically in the library.
                      >

                      > http://hallman.org/bolger/isometrics#LCU-F
                      >

                      > On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 4:44 AM, <philbolger@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > **
                      > >

                      > > ...after lot of work.
                      > > First line up on top.
                      > > Check out www.usni.org
                      > > July 2013 issue.
                      > > The site will allow a brief initial glimpse.
                      > >
                      > > In this highest-level typically policy-centric monthly, Bolger and
                      > > Altenburger contribute their perspective to the discussion around the US
                      > > Navy's ship-to-shore landing craft.
                      > > This is our most serious work yet.
                      > > And this should help explain where a fair amount of our and and more
                      > > recently my energy has gone into...
                      > >
                      > > I should be able to share the piece without you becoming members.
                      > >
                      > > Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

                    • BruceHallman
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 2, 2013
                        Thanks Peter for your efforts proof reading that webpage I truly appreciate your help.  I fixed that error, I believe, see here:

                        http://hallman.org/bolger/isometrics#Live-On-BoardScowSchooner

                        (You might need to reload the page if an erroneous cached version exists in your browser.)

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 2, 2013
                          On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 6:03 AM, Bill Howard <billh39@...> wrote:

                          I look forward to

                          Read the article and see the illustrations in the 'photos' section here at:

                        • Bill Howard
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jul 2, 2013
                            Thanks Bruce!

                            Great work.