Re: [bolger] Fw: Martha Jane Full Size Paper Plans

  • phil.bolger
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 24, 2013
      Well, I had the old Steven Wright joke in my head about him buying a map of... in 1:1 scale...
      So these and all of our plans are to the scale they originally were/are drawn in, usually on 17” x 22”- or 22” x 34”-format paper – just not in 1:1 scale of the boat...
      ”Never mind !”
      Hey it’s hot out here.

      Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

      Sent: Monday, June 24, 2013 10:55 AM
      Subject: [bolger] Fw: Martha Jane Full Size Paper Plans

      Should have shared this...

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 24, 2013
        I thought I saw a twinkle in your eye, all the way to Virginia.

        But with email, one can never be too sure.

        Thanks for the clarification.

        Bill Howard
        Nellysford VA

        Sent: Monday, June 24, 2013 10:55 AM

        Should have shared this...

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 24, 2013
          Sue,perhaps you could do 1:1 plans. Then we could  use our 3 D printers and just build the boat that way. Be sure to warn buyers to "take the machine outside" before pressing the start button! Rocky

          Sent: Monday, June 24, 2013 10:55 AM

          Should have shared this...

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 24, 2013
            ...and order a few extra cartridges of ‘consumables’/resin etc.

            With your due caution about taking things outside, one can sense that you’ve ‘been there’ before...
            Sure would not want to have the darn boat come to fill the house with no way to get it out !!

            This is developing into a really useful thread.  Yes Newbies – behold Old Hands at work !!
            Read tight !
            Take notes !
            And don’t get stuck !
            There will be a pop-quiz...

            Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

            Sent: Monday, June 24, 2013 5:13 PM

            Sent: Monday, June 24, 2013 10:55 AM

            Should have shared this...

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 25, 2013
              I remember that. He had a map of the US in 1 to 1 scale, i.e. actual size. In the same monologue he said he had a box of powdered water, but didn't know what to add. :)

              --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, <philbolger@...> wrote:

              > Well, I had the old Steven Wright joke in my head about him buying a map of... in 1:1 scale...
              > So these and all of our plans are to the scale they originally were/are drawn in, usually on 17” x 22”- or 22” x 34”-format paper â€" just not in 1:1 scale of the boat...
              > ”Never mind !”
              > Hey it’s hot out here.
              >
              > Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

            • sirdarnell
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 25, 2013
                Actually, NASA has designs for a 3D printer to print moon or mars bases. Uses local soil, provided by something like a robotic front loader, and heat for materials.