Re: At last ... It makes SuperBrick seem normal.

  • Cod
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 19, 2013
      egstremely scary on this thing.

      Well, guy is an artist, so you never know. But let's assume there is ballast in that bilge. He may still get seasick every time a dinghy rows past. Sort of like living in a very slippery rocking chair.

      Whack-boing! It's dub!
      www.thecheappages.com
    • Crandall, Chris S.
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 19, 2013
        Posted by: "Christopher C. Wetherill" wetherillc@... wetherillc
        > I had only assumed it was round bottomed, so I went back to the slid
        > show. No photos exposing the bottom. Then I found this Exburyegg.org
        > <http://www.exburyegg.org/> I think the stability curves would be
        > eggstremely scary on this thing.

        Cuteness aside, the operative word in the web page is "tethered." It's not a ship, or even a shantyboat it's a "floating home." Stability curves assume a free floating craft--I think in the extremely protected water, with a few lines securely attached, that I would certainly spend a night (or a month!) on her.
      • Christopher C. Wetherill
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 19, 2013
          Agreed, I also noticed in one of the shots in the travellift, that it has external ballast that forms feet.  It will likely wind up sitting on them pretty often in its protected anchorage.

          On 6/19/2013 12:07 PM, Crandall, Chris S. wrote:
          Posted by: "Christopher C. Wetherill" wetherillc@... wetherillc

          I had only assumed it was round bottomed, so I went back to the slid
          show.  No photos exposing the bottom.  Then I found this Exburyegg.org
          <http://www.exburyegg.org/> I think the stability curves would be
          eggstremely scary on this thing.

          Cuteness aside, the operative word in the web page is "tethered."  It's not a ship, or even a shantyboat it's a "floating home." Stability curves assume a free floating craft--I think in the extremely protected water, with a few lines securely attached, that I would certainly spend a night (or a month!) on her.

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              bolger-digest@yahoogroups.com
              bolger-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Russell Dawkins
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 20, 2013
          • Russell Dawkins
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 20, 2013
              Sorry; hit "send" by mistake.

              "egstremely scary on this thing.

              Well, guy is an artist, so you never know. But let's assume there is ballast in that bilge. He may still get seasick every time a dinghy rows past. Sort of like living in a very slippery rocking chair."

              I would have thought that this hull shape would be particularly immune to rocking from wave influence, not the opposite.