Re: [bolger] Micro links on the net

  • John Kohnen
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 18, 2013
      If the plans were bought from Elrow Hubbard or Bernie Wolfard that long
      ago (before Bernie's rift with Bolger), then it's kosher and legal to
      build the boat from them. The boat was never completed. You'll have to
      work out getting the updates with Susanne, but I'll bet she'll charge for
      them.

      After seeing your message I looked through my monster links list and
      discovered most of the Micro links were dead. But I managed to find the
      new site for this Micro:

      http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeokhsb/Micro.htm

      Good luck finishing your boat!

      --
      John (jkohnen@...)
      Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong. (Oscar Wilde)
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 19, 2013
        The first authorized seller of plans for Micro and a few others was Elrow LaRowe, not Hubbard. I bought Qldshoe plans from him about 1988. Here is a link to the first Micro builder: http://carladler.org/waterlogged/history/boat4.html

        Joe T

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "John Kohnen" <jhkohnen@...> wrote:

        > If the plans were bought from Elrow Hubbard or Bernie Wolfard that long
        > ago (before Bernie's rift with Bolger), then it's kosher and legal to
        > build the boat from them. The boat was never completed. You'll have to
        > work out getting the updates with Susanne, but I'll bet she'll charge for
        > them. ...
      • dnjost
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1 5:29 AM
          believe it or not, my Micro site is still up on the old Verizon page. it is at http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeokhsb/Micro.htm

          It will probably be up forever as Verizon disabled ftp for the site a couple of years ago.

          If you have questions regarding the construction, I can probably answer a few of them. I would however, recommend that you get the most recent set of plans from Phil Bolger and Friends as they update the plans, offer support, and correct minute errors as they are discovered. The set of plans is but a fraction of the price of building.

          David Jost