Re: Micro links on the net

  • jeffsprayer
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 18, 2013
      Try http://archive.org/web/web.php for going back in time with those old links. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not.

      Jeff

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "David" <dnahains@...> wrote:

      > Hi all
      > New member, first post, 2 questions.
      >
      > Firstly, I am thinking of buying a set of second hand plans that were originally purchased from Common Sense Designs about 20 years ago along with enough timber and marine ply to build the hull. The owner got as far as cutting out a couple of bulkheads and that was it. Everything has sat in the shed since then, well preserved and protected in a dry shed. Given the boat was never built, is this going to be a legitimate and legal purchase? Am I going to be able to obtain any updates to the plans, such as the modified junk type sail, without any problems?
      >
      > Secondly, when I am searching on the internet for blogs and photos about the micro and it's construction it seems like a lot of the links that I try just aren't working eg most of the links for the Micro on the Square Boats site don't work. It's becoming a little frustrating. I'd really like to see a bit more info before I commit to buy so that I know my limited woodworking skills will be up to the job. Does anyone have working links or construction photos that they can send me? I've found a few photos on yahoo, but not a lot and not about construction or the interior.
      > By the way, the guy selling the timber and plans lives 1300km away - he says he has Bolger's original instructions plus more detailed guide by Elrow La Rowe, but I can't just pop over one afternoon and hae a look.
      > Thanks and regards,
      > David
      > Adelaide, South Australia

    • Liam Hegarty
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 18, 2013
        I'm curious about Micro plans too. I just bought an unfinished Micro with plans, but I don't know exactly what plans I should have. I don't seem to have any rigging instructions for a plain old micro, I have a rigging plan for a Navigator and an, updated plan for a Micro with a tabernacle.

        Liam

        --
        William Hegarty
        Reference Librarian
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 18, 2013
          If the plans were bought from Elrow Hubbard or Bernie Wolfard that long
          ago (before Bernie's rift with Bolger), then it's kosher and legal to
          build the boat from them. The boat was never completed. You'll have to
          work out getting the updates with Susanne, but I'll bet she'll charge for
          them.

          After seeing your message I looked through my monster links list and
          discovered most of the Micro links were dead. But I managed to find the
          new site for this Micro:

          http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeokhsb/Micro.htm

          Good luck finishing your boat!

          --
          John (jkohnen@...)
          Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong. (Oscar Wilde)
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 19, 2013
            The first authorized seller of plans for Micro and a few others was Elrow LaRowe, not Hubbard. I bought Qldshoe plans from him about 1988. Here is a link to the first Micro builder: http://carladler.org/waterlogged/history/boat4.html

            Joe T

            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "John Kohnen" <jhkohnen@...> wrote:

            > If the plans were bought from Elrow Hubbard or Bernie Wolfard that long
            > ago (before Bernie's rift with Bolger), then it's kosher and legal to
            > build the boat from them. The boat was never completed. You'll have to
            > work out getting the updates with Susanne, but I'll bet she'll charge for
            > them. ...
          • dnjost
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 1, 2013
              believe it or not, my Micro site is still up on the old Verizon page. it is at http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeokhsb/Micro.htm

              It will probably be up forever as Verizon disabled ftp for the site a couple of years ago.

              If you have questions regarding the construction, I can probably answer a few of them. I would however, recommend that you get the most recent set of plans from Phil Bolger and Friends as they update the plans, offer support, and correct minute errors as they are discovered. The set of plans is but a fraction of the price of building.

              David Jost