Re: Scanning for pirated copies of Boats With An Open Mind

  • djdecker2002
    Message 1 of 45 , Jun 12, 2013
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "dnjost" <davidjost@...> wrote:

      > found this with a quick search.

      <URL deleted>

      > Unfortunately, the firewall at my fine institute of learning is set NOT to download this file for the protection of my computer and the author!!! Do so at your own risk!

      I have no such firewall, plus I have a Virtual Machine I use as a sandbox for this stuff, so I downloaded the file. This file wasn't dangerous, but it wasn't piracy either.

      This was a 1.5 megabyte PDF consisting of 1,911 blank pages. It was not, as claimed, an electronic copy of BWOAM, it was nothing.

      I'm hoping the relative paucity of Internet piracy of this material doesn't indicate a lack of demand.

      -Derek
    • futabachan
      Message 45 of 45 , Sep 27, 2013

        The original "Instant Boats" with the Teal is gone, too. "Build the New Instant Boats" and "Boatbuilding With Dynamite Payson" are still there.

        ---In bolger@yahoogroups.com, <bolger@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        On 9/26/2013 9:43 AM, futabachan@... wrote:

        That's really weird -- it's not there now. I have it in my Kindle account, and it used to be available by Kindle, but it's not there now.

        It got removed about a year or so back.

        I have it on my kindle also.

        Mike Allison (North of Kansas City Mo, USA)
        E-Mail: mysloop@...