Re: [bolger] Re: Scanning for pirated copies of Boats With An Open Mind

  • BruceHallman
    Message 1 of 45 , Jun 5 1:56 PM
      On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 12:52 PM, prairiedog2332 <arvent@...> wrote:

       I just love reading and re-reading and studying his work.

      Me too.  The vast majority of Phil Bolger's work was not published in his books but rather are found spread over his magazine articles, 430+ articles in Messing About in Boats, and perhaps another hundred articles in other magazine.

      And also, there are reams of his writings in personal letters, hopefully Susanne Altenberger has copies of these (often handwritten) letters in her archive and is taking good care of them.  I would like to see them put into some library for research purposes.

      Regarding copyright, all that printed material is clearly protected under US Copyright doctrine.  The hull vessel shapes are treated differently in the law, see the Vessel Hull Design Protection Act.

    • futabachan
      Message 45 of 45 , Sep 27, 2013

        The original "Instant Boats" with the Teal is gone, too. "Build the New Instant Boats" and "Boatbuilding With Dynamite Payson" are still there.

        ---In bolger@yahoogroups.com, <bolger@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        On 9/26/2013 9:43 AM, futabachan@... wrote:

        That's really weird -- it's not there now. I have it in my Kindle account, and it used to be available by Kindle, but it's not there now.

        It got removed about a year or so back.

        I have it on my kindle also.

        Mike Allison (North of Kansas City Mo, USA)
        E-Mail: mysloop@...