Re: Scanning for pirated copies of Boats With An Open Mind

  • prairiedog2332
    Message 1 of 45 , Jun 5, 2013
      I have purchased most of Mr. Bolger's out of print books through Abebooks a very reputable re-seller of collectible books. I would rather purchase from Susanne but they are not available. I just love reading and re-reading and studying his work. Several complete plans are in them, but I sometimes get the impression he was hoping someone would build one just to see how they came out.

      Like any artist who paints or writes music  they are almost driven to do that whether somebody buys it or not. One example is a boat Phil designed that he was not that happy with but the person who commissioned it insisted it be done that way.  So Phil took considerable time presenting the plans for how he felt it should have been designed. And he was his own greatest critic.

      In my view he was the greatest and most artistic drafter and writer of boat design of his day. And I should mention humorist and satirist as well!

      Nels

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "apraphett777" wrote:

      > I have never sold copies of any plans that would be wrong it is not your property to sell I have built more then one copy of a boat from a book and used it and found what I did not like I sold the first one and improved the second one I have been of the opinion for quiet some time now if a person cannot build any of the skiffs from just the book they should not be building LOL the plans and keys are really that complete easy peasy and a few of the larger ones are just as easy as the skiff :)

    • futabachan
      Message 45 of 45 , Sep 27, 2013

        The original "Instant Boats" with the Teal is gone, too. "Build the New Instant Boats" and "Boatbuilding With Dynamite Payson" are still there.

        ---In bolger@yahoogroups.com, <bolger@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        On 9/26/2013 9:43 AM, futabachan@... wrote:

        That's really weird -- it's not there now. I have it in my Kindle account, and it used to be available by Kindle, but it's not there now.

        It got removed about a year or so back.

        I have it on my kindle also.

        Mike Allison (North of Kansas City Mo, USA)
        E-Mail: mysloop@...