Re: [bolger] Scanning for pirated copies of Boats With An Open Mind

  • Suhitha Edirisinghe
    Message 1 of 45 , Jun 3, 2013
      There are a few of the Instant Boats books online. I searched boat building, and there is at least one torrent witha a collection of boat building books, some of which contain Bolger boats (including the Instant Boats books).

      Thanks,
      Suhitha Edirisinghe

      On 2013-06-03, at 4:15 PM, BruceHallman wrote:

      Of course, proving it never has happened is impossible.

      That said, I have never heard of a pirated BWAOM (or any other Bolger book).

      And, a search for the most likely protocol for internet transfer of a pirated book (bittorrent) finds no evidence of one being currently 'shared' on the publicly visible Internet.

      To the extent of my patience looking, I only paged down through the first dozen or so pages of "Bolger" torrents.  But none are for Phil Bolger). Plenty of (presumably pirate) torrents for other Bolgers in world, Sarah Bolger, Emma Bolger, Diane Bolger, Dermot Bolger,  Janine Bolger, Ray Bolger...but no Phil Bolger that I could see.

      https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&q=Bolger++type:.torrent

      On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 11:01 AM, <philbolger@...> wrote:

      A while back the issue came up.  Not sure under what heading though.
      Inquiries produced an uncertain picture as to the actual presence of pirated (.pdf-style) books available from various file-share sites.
      Any news since whether there are such (free) downloads that successfully downloadable ?
      I understand that only KINDLE is legit.

      Susanne Altenburger

      __.

    • futabachan
      Message 45 of 45 , Sep 27, 2013

        The original "Instant Boats" with the Teal is gone, too. "Build the New Instant Boats" and "Boatbuilding With Dynamite Payson" are still there.

        ---In bolger@yahoogroups.com, <bolger@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        On 9/26/2013 9:43 AM, futabachan@... wrote:

        That's really weird -- it's not there now. I have it in my Kindle account, and it used to be available by Kindle, but it's not there now.

        It got removed about a year or so back.

        I have it on my kindle also.

        Mike Allison (North of Kansas City Mo, USA)
        E-Mail: mysloop@...