Re: [bolger] Scanning for pirated copies of Boats With An Open Mind

  • phil.bolger
    Message 1 of 45 , Jun 3, 2013
      Well, folks had brought this up explicitly, including with respective URLs.
      So an update of the current situation would seem useful to get a sense as to the extent of the situation without upfront assumptions.

      Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

      Sent: Monday, June 03, 2013 2:33 PM
      Subject: Re: [bolger] Scanning for pirated copies of Boats With An Open Mind

      Susanne,
      I don't know the specific reference, but I can assure you that there must be pirated copies of books and plans all over the internet for those who wish to surf those types of places. The problem with looking for them is you put yourself at risk as being labelled a pirate yourself. Even if there are pirated copies of books and plans, I also from experience can share with you that the material in question is not in demand with pirates. Modern internet pirates are not interested in boats and boat plans, they are more interested in music and movies.

      I do not think your wallet is being hurt at all by any pirate activity with your or phils materials...I don't think there is enough black market demand for boat blueprints and boat building books in general. I think black market books are more likely to be those $500 academic tomes used in university programs.

      That's just my opinion and I think it's worth putting your mind at rest.

      Scot McPherson, PMP CISSP MCSA
      Old Lyme, CT, USA
      Scot McPherson | Linkedin <https://www.linkedin.com/in/scotmcpherson>

      On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 2:01 PM, <philbolger@...> wrote:

      A while back the issue came up.  Not sure under what heading though.
      Inquiries produced an uncertain picture as to the actual presence of pirated (.pdf-style) books available from various file-share sites.
      Any news since whether there are such (free) downloads that successfully downloadable ?
      I understand that only KINDLE is legit.

      Susanne Altenburger

    • futabachan
      Message 45 of 45 , Sep 27, 2013

        The original "Instant Boats" with the Teal is gone, too. "Build the New Instant Boats" and "Boatbuilding With Dynamite Payson" are still there.

        ---In bolger@yahoogroups.com, <bolger@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        On 9/26/2013 9:43 AM, futabachan@... wrote:

        That's really weird -- it's not there now. I have it in my Kindle account, and it used to be available by Kindle, but it's not there now.

        It got removed about a year or so back.

        I have it on my kindle also.

        Mike Allison (North of Kansas City Mo, USA)
        E-Mail: mysloop@...