Re: [bolger] Re: fuel tanks

  • John Kohnen
    Message 1 of 6 , May 9, 2013
      If you use portable tanks be sure you put them in a _well ventilated_
      space. And remember that gasoline fumes are heavier than air, so the tank
      space has to have an opening down low to let them out. Portable tanks vent
      through the filler cap directly into wherever you put them.

      Whether fixed tanks are more of a PITA than portable ones depends on the
      situation. For my motorboat with a motorwell in a covered lazarette a
      fixed tank is a lot handier than wrestling portable tanks in and out of
      the lazarette (the only practical place to put them), and a lot safer,
      since the fixed tank vents to the outside.

      --
      John (jkohnen@...)
      Wind to a sailor is what money is to life on shore. (Sterling Hayden)