Re: fuel tanks

  • daschultz8275@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2013
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <edeinhorn@...> wrote:

      > Hi. Anyone have any suggestion on where to locate below deck fuel tank(s) on a Tennessee?...

      I believe Bolger arranged the cockpit opening to keep passengers fwd so your concern about weight aft is well founded. Perhaps under benches in the cockpit, with other stuff in the aft compartments?

      Don
    • Pat
      Message 2 of 6 , May 8, 2013
        Beautiful sharpie design with leg of mutton sprit sail.  Thought someone may enjoy this image.

        Cheers
        Pat
      • Robert Hickey
        Message 3 of 6 , May 9, 2013
          use portable out board tanks, fill up where it is cheap. fixed tanks are a pain

          On 5/9/13, Pat <patjah@...> wrote:
          > Beautiful sharpie design with leg of mutton sprit sail. Thought someone
          > may enjoy this image.
          >
          > Cheers
          > Pat

        • John Kohnen
          Message 4 of 6 , May 9, 2013
            If you use portable tanks be sure you put them in a _well ventilated_
            space. And remember that gasoline fumes are heavier than air, so the tank
            space has to have an opening down low to let them out. Portable tanks vent
            through the filler cap directly into wherever you put them.

            Whether fixed tanks are more of a PITA than portable ones depends on the
            situation. For my motorboat with a motorwell in a covered lazarette a
            fixed tank is a lot handier than wrestling portable tanks in and out of
            the lazarette (the only practical place to put them), and a lot safer,
            since the fixed tank vents to the outside.

            --
            John (jkohnen@...)
            Wind to a sailor is what money is to life on shore. (Sterling Hayden)