Re: fuel tanks

  • sirdarnell
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2013
      How about 2 tanks, one on either side of the motor well? Said 2 12 or 13 gallon tanks?

    • daschultz8275@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2013
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <edeinhorn@...> wrote:

        > Hi. Anyone have any suggestion on where to locate below deck fuel tank(s) on a Tennessee?...

        I believe Bolger arranged the cockpit opening to keep passengers fwd so your concern about weight aft is well founded. Perhaps under benches in the cockpit, with other stuff in the aft compartments?

        Don
      • Pat
        Message 3 of 6 , May 8, 2013
          Beautiful sharpie design with leg of mutton sprit sail.  Thought someone may enjoy this image.

          Cheers
          Pat
        • Robert Hickey
          Message 4 of 6 , May 9, 2013
            use portable out board tanks, fill up where it is cheap. fixed tanks are a pain

            On 5/9/13, Pat <patjah@...> wrote:
            > Beautiful sharpie design with leg of mutton sprit sail. Thought someone
            > may enjoy this image.
            >
            > Cheers
            > Pat

          • John Kohnen
            Message 5 of 6 , May 9, 2013
              If you use portable tanks be sure you put them in a _well ventilated_
              space. And remember that gasoline fumes are heavier than air, so the tank
              space has to have an opening down low to let them out. Portable tanks vent
              through the filler cap directly into wherever you put them.

              Whether fixed tanks are more of a PITA than portable ones depends on the
              situation. For my motorboat with a motorwell in a covered lazarette a
              fixed tank is a lot handier than wrestling portable tanks in and out of
              the lazarette (the only practical place to put them), and a lot safer,
              since the fixed tank vents to the outside.

              --
              John (jkohnen@...)
              Wind to a sailor is what money is to life on shore. (Sterling Hayden)