Re: 1/4 " solid hardwood ply

  • prairiedog2332
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 28, 2013
      Perhaps an intervention called for? Can envision this as reality TV show subject.

      Dr. Phil; "So Susanne, when did you first become attracted to farm-grown Douglas Fir and how is that working for you?"

      Nice to see some lightness on a thread!

      Nels

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, wrote:

      > Oh, come on, Mason.
      > Some folks just like to talk solid hard wood and stuff...
      >
      > I must say that I feel quite ‘inferior’ with my predilections for that darn domestic farm-grown softwood Douglas-Fir-habit I’ve acquired.
      > Perhaps, there’s a 12-step angle to help me ?
      >
      > Susanne

    • phil.bolger
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 28, 2013
        Well, it was a grey and stormy day along the coast of the Pacific Northwest.  There I was amongst them... and...well, I’m not sure I should continue... – at any rate. YES I ADMIT IT – I’VE USED DOUG FIR...soft-wood Doug Fir...and, em...
        At any rate. There ‘it is’.  ‘nough sed !
        Susanne

        Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2013 12:38 PM
        Subject: [bolger] Re: 1/4 " solid hardwood ply

        Perhaps an intervention called for? Can envision this as reality TV show subject.

        Dr. Phil; "So Susanne, when did you first become attracted to farm-grown Douglas Fir and how is that working for you?"

        Nice to see some lightness on a thread!

        Nels

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, wrote:

        > Oh, come on, Mason.
        > Some folks just like to talk solid hard wood and stuff...
        >
        > I must say that I feel quite ‘inferior’ with my predilections for that darn domestic farm-grown softwood Douglas-Fir-habit I’ve acquired.
        > Perhaps, there’s a 12-step angle to help me ?
        >
        > Susanne

      • Mason Smith
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 28, 2013

          What, Susanne, is somebody dissing fir plywood in this group? I didn’t catch that. If I stay away from fir ply myself, and I mostly do, it’s because I don’t like glassing anything I don’t have to glass, and I don’t much like multi-coating with epoxy if I don’t have to, either.

          Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2013 10:46 AM

          Folks, this thread is nonsense. Can we end it, please?

          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 28, 2013
            No, just a lame attempt at out-doing the silly with more...
            Susanne

            Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2013 3:40 PM

            Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2013 10:46 AM