Re: [bolger] Re: Plan search garvey by Bolger

  • phil.bolger
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 26, 2013
      Yes, #391 should be #391 – not #341.
      And yes – $75.-

      If a 5 Honda is the plan, I’d add a gently curved  ‘tucked-up’ stern-extension (1/4” x 2) to end near the waterline for least drag, say 3’ max additional length and produce a fine ‘porch’ aft with that little engine at its center edge.  Then you could extend the ‘swoop’ of her silhouette aft via top-rail with horizontals below to keep things from sliding out and into the...
      “ I can see it now !”

      Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

      Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 4:05 PM
      Subject: [bolger] Re: Plan search garvey by Bolger

      Is "#391= $75" actually for #341 Fiddle II and is that the correct price?

      If so I am seriously looking at obtaining the plans, after reading the write up in "30 Odd Boats".  Thinking of 2 layers of 3/8" MDO on the bottom rather than strip planking it. Maybe a wider shoe like Clam Skiff, open slot top forward of helm location and using only a 5 HP Honda 4-stroke. Pottering around and maybe dropping a line on lakes adjacent to established campgrounds and sleeping overnight in it on the trailer at a campground even if no lake.

      Very streamlined for towing on a flat-bed utility trailer and a great view from the bedroom:-)

      Nels

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, wrote:

      > Good question.
      > Here are two more options
      > Design #632 WaterVan (22’x8’) without much of the house plus adding a hinged ramp at sheer-level would work, but likely be too big still.
      > Design #341 Fiddler II (early ‘square’ plan-view like #632 but at 15’10” x 6’8”) should do, again without the house and with that hinged ramp at sheer level and would fit on the trailer inside any garage.
      > Light she’d plane with say 30HP and chug along with a good cargo-load.
      >
      > #632 = $300.- to build one boat, plans sent priority mail, rolled in a tube.
      > #391 = $75.- to same terms.
      >
      > Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

    • prairiedog2332
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 26, 2013
        Susanne,

        Yes, I think I can see that now as well and looks like a good idea!

        Looking more closely at the article, it really has a lot of attractive qualities. 4 feet of sitting headroom height with 2 seats, a really nice double bed and dedicated location for the porta-potty well aft the living area, as well as fuel and battery storage and wet locker. Great flow-through ventilation Plus a small porch on the stern for a couple of folding chairs and maybe a tiny BBQ.

        Disguised cash to follow. Perhaps more people might be interested as well as it should tow easily with a minivan, probably even better with a dedicated boat trailer that rides lower and launches easier,  than the flat bed I was first thinking.

        Nels

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, wrote:

        > Yes, #391 should be #391 â€" not #341.
        > And yes â€" $75.-
        >
        > If a 5 Honda is the plan, I’d add a gently curved ‘tucked-up’ stern-extension (1/4” x 2) to end near the waterline for least drag, say 3’ max additional length and produce a fine ‘porch’ aft with that little engine at its center edge. Then you could extend the ‘swoop’ of her silhouette aft via top-rail with horizontals below to keep things from sliding out and into the...
        > “ I can see it now !”
        >
        > Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

      • Harry Tams
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 26, 2013

          Hello Susanne

          I had the same concerns before I joined. It was as simple as giving them my email address, choosing a password and connecting with a credit or debit account. It was that easy. Look into it for you sake. Your plan sales would triple. Harry

          #632 = $300.- to build one boat, plans sent priority mail, rolled in a tube.
          #391 = $75.- to same terms.

          Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

          Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2013 5:44 PM

          Charity? Aluminum construction.

          Harry Bryan also has one similar in wood called Trout but shorter. Was written up in WB.

          Nels