Re: [bolger] Re: Plan search garvey by Bolger

  • phil.bolger
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 26, 2013
      Good morning Harry.
           Thanks for your interest in #632.  Plans are indeed available to the terms you already know.
      At the moment - overflowing plate of ‘must-dos’ – I don’t have a PayPal Account, in fact should review again what is involved by April ‘13.
      In the mean-time an International Money Order, MoneyGram, Western Union etc. works, as still does the ‘adventurous’ last-ditch option of sending well-disguised cash (?!).
      Those tools will have to do for likely another 2 months or so as I am clearing that serious load off my agenda and (hopefully) get to enjoy the fruits of those labors for a bit.
      Perhaps I over-estimate the PayPal formalities...
      I gather you have our address.
      Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

      Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 5:28 AM
      Subject: RE: [bolger] Re: Plan search garvey by Bolger

      Hello Susanne

      #632. Can I buy plans for this Watervan? I’ve been interested in this design for quite some time. I would like to pay you via PayPal. You really should consider getting a PayPal account if you don’t have one already. Get an account and invoice me. I’ll pay you straight away.

      With greatest respect

      Harry Tams.

      15 Queechy Road

      Launceston Tasmania

      Australia 7250.

      #632 = $300.- to build one boat, plans sent priority mail, rolled in a tube.
      #391 = $75.- to same terms.

      Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

      Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2013 5:44 PM

      Subject: [bolger] Re: Plan search garvey by Bolger

      Charity? Aluminum construction.

      Harry Bryan also has one similar in wood called Trout but shorter. Was written up in WB.

      Nels

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Mickey" wrote:

      > I am searching for a wooden workboat plan that
      includes a wood landing ramp door built into the bow . This will be used to transport small loads of lumber and building materials to a remote island in protected fresh water, 1000 lbs payload is about the maximum I will need.
      > I have looked through his many sets of plans and cannot seem to
      find this boat that a buddy of mine says is a Bolger design. any info will help Thanks

    • prairiedog2332
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 26, 2013
        Is "#391= $75" actually for #341 Fiddle II and is that the correct price?

        If so I am seriously looking at obtaining the plans, after reading the write up in "30 Odd Boats".  Thinking of 2 layers of 3/8" MDO on the bottom rather than strip planking it. Maybe a wider shoe like Clam Skiff, open slot top forward of helm location and using only a 5 HP Honda 4-stroke. Pottering around and maybe dropping a line on lakes adjacent to established campgrounds and sleeping overnight in it on the trailer at a campground even if no lake.

        Very streamlined for towing on a flat-bed utility trailer and a great view from the bedroom:-)

        Nels

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, wrote:

        > Good question.
        > Here are two more options
        > Design #632 WaterVan (22’x8’) without much of the house plus adding a hinged ramp at sheer-level would work, but likely be too big still.
        > Design #341 Fiddler II (early ‘square’ plan-view like #632 but at 15’10” x 6’8”) should do, again without the house and with that hinged ramp at sheer level and would fit on the trailer inside any garage.
        > Light she’d plane with say 30HP and chug along with a good cargo-load.
        >
        > #632 = $300.- to build one boat, plans sent priority mail, rolled in a tube.
        > #391 = $75.- to same terms.
        >
        > Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

      • phil.bolger
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 26, 2013
          Yes, #391 should be #391 – not #341.
          And yes – $75.-

          If a 5 Honda is the plan, I’d add a gently curved  ‘tucked-up’ stern-extension (1/4” x 2) to end near the waterline for least drag, say 3’ max additional length and produce a fine ‘porch’ aft with that little engine at its center edge.  Then you could extend the ‘swoop’ of her silhouette aft via top-rail with horizontals below to keep things from sliding out and into the...
          “ I can see it now !”

          Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

          Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 4:05 PM

          Is "#391= $75" actually for #341 Fiddle II and is that the correct price?

          If so I am seriously looking at obtaining the plans, after reading the write up in "30 Odd Boats".  Thinking of 2 layers of 3/8" MDO on the bottom rather than strip planking it. Maybe a wider shoe like Clam Skiff, open slot top forward of helm location and using only a 5 HP Honda 4-stroke. Pottering around and maybe dropping a line on lakes adjacent to established campgrounds and sleeping overnight in it on the trailer at a campground even if no lake.

          Very streamlined for towing on a flat-bed utility trailer and a great view from the bedroom:-)

          Nels

          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, wrote:

          > Good question.
          > Here are two more options
          > Design #632 WaterVan (22’x8’) without much of the house plus adding a hinged ramp at sheer-level would work, but likely be too big still.
          > Design #341 Fiddler II (early ‘square’ plan-view like #632 but at 15’10” x 6’8”) should do, again without the house and with that hinged ramp at sheer level and would fit on the trailer inside any garage.
          > Light she’d plane with say 30HP and chug along with a good cargo-load.
          >
          > #632 = $300.- to build one boat, plans sent priority mail, rolled in a tube.
          > #391 = $75.- to same terms.
          >
          > Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

        • prairiedog2332
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 26, 2013
            Susanne,

            Yes, I think I can see that now as well and looks like a good idea!

            Looking more closely at the article, it really has a lot of attractive qualities. 4 feet of sitting headroom height with 2 seats, a really nice double bed and dedicated location for the porta-potty well aft the living area, as well as fuel and battery storage and wet locker. Great flow-through ventilation Plus a small porch on the stern for a couple of folding chairs and maybe a tiny BBQ.

            Disguised cash to follow. Perhaps more people might be interested as well as it should tow easily with a minivan, probably even better with a dedicated boat trailer that rides lower and launches easier,  than the flat bed I was first thinking.

            Nels

            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, wrote:

            > Yes, #391 should be #391 â€" not #341.
            > And yes â€" $75.-
            >
            > If a 5 Honda is the plan, I’d add a gently curved ‘tucked-up’ stern-extension (1/4” x 2) to end near the waterline for least drag, say 3’ max additional length and produce a fine ‘porch’ aft with that little engine at its center edge. Then you could extend the ‘swoop’ of her silhouette aft via top-rail with horizontals below to keep things from sliding out and into the...
            > “ I can see it now !”
            >
            > Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

          • Harry Tams
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 26, 2013

              Hello Susanne

              I had the same concerns before I joined. It was as simple as giving them my email address, choosing a password and connecting with a credit or debit account. It was that easy. Look into it for you sake. Your plan sales would triple. Harry

              #632 = $300.- to build one boat, plans sent priority mail, rolled in a tube.
              #391 = $75.- to same terms.

              Susanne Altenburger, PB&F

              Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2013 5:44 PM