Re: lady slipper

  • jdmeddock
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 9 7:33 PM
      > Other designs of Phil's work the other way, the base line is at the
      > bottom and waterlines increase as you go up the drawing. I wonder

      I never noticed the baseline up/down in the drawings before. Never lofted a non-instant boat.

      Thumbing through DB I see Crystal, Prince William Sound Yawl and Wolf Trap are base line up... So it isn't just the small round ones.

      30-Odd has Swallow and Wisp base line up.

      FS has one of the chapter 18 Yacht Tenders base line up.

      Small Boats... Mippet, Poohsticks, Victoria, Thomaston Galley, Kotick. Vanatie and Seguin are base line up.

      That was a fast flip, so I may have missed some.
      I didn't count the instant boats that measured from ply edges.
      I don't have an "indoor" copy of BWAOM so it is out in the shop with the "dirty" book set.

      I understand base line down when a boat has deadflat like Dovekie or a keel with no drag angle.
      Was trying to guess from the back covers "I bet Harbinger is base line up".... NOPE, it is down.

      Are Lynx and Ladyslipper related?

      Justin
    • Peter
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 17 12:23 PM
        > Other designs of Phil's work the other way, the base line
        > is at the bottom and waterlines increase as you go up the drawing.

        Phil probably knew how Peter Duff would build the boat, and drew the plans to suit.