Diamond Kayak

  • hugh
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4 2:26 PM
      RE: V15-N10
      Plywood kayak with copious gear stowage. aka 'Diamond'

      Have one of these ever been built. If so any comments or pictures.
      I am curious

      Hugh
    • Mark Albanese
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6 10:20 PM
        Here's one built by, "One of our favorite builders," Bob Cushing of Cazanova, New York.

        My plans show wrapping the bottom and ends up from a single 2 x 20 foot piece of 4mm plywood. The internal structure is very spare. Made in 1/4", Bob' is a good deal heavier, but it's clear the firm was trying for no more than forty pounds.

        Here, you can see how much she carries, and how beautiful the concept.

        I noted happily just recently that the trunk was adopted by Jim Michalak for his shorter double paddle canoe Imresboat,

        MarkA