Re: FL120 2010 Pic - On Bolger Sweet Pea lines. Ya don't say? Hmmm..

  • Bob Johnson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25 11:41 AM
      I was interested to see this adaptation of the Sweet Pea lines also, as
      I think it is very close to PCB's Plywood Canoe Yawl. In Phil's
      write-up for the PCY, he states that it would possibly be a better boat
      if the V bottom was chopped off.
      The Sweet Pea hull shape is about what you would get if you did this.
      I have long thought that a scale up of the Sweet Pea lines to the
      dimensions of the PCY, and rigged and fitted out as a canoe yawl would
      be a great little gunkholer. The success of Merlin seem to indicate
      that this would be so.

      And Ross, also check out _Holmes of the Humber_ if you haven't already;
      it's got a lot of info on Holmes and Strange and their boats.

      Bob