Bantam back afloat

  • captjbturtle
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 8, 2013
      Bantam sits on her trailer most of the year in Fl because 5 years ago I started spending the rest of the year in Canada.
      It is true winds are calmer in Fl in the summer but its hot day and night, humid and very buggy. Summer cruising is just more civilized on the cool fresh waters of the Rideau canal.
      Fortunately I have the States Class sharpie "Turtle" in Canada. Now however we discover the downside of a long skinny boat. Parks Canada has just decided to double the canal fees billed per foot.
      This makes Paul"s Bolger houseboat a better bargain than the 33 foot "Turtle"
      Sorry our courses never crossed. The Bantam's are simply the best boat for Florida waters.
    • RSS
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 9, 2013
        Sounds like a great life! Never been boating in that area of Canada, but the articles in boating mags show it to be great! I wouldn't want to spend summers in Florida either, or any of the Gulf coast for that matter. Yeah, I once made the mistake of going to the Everglades in late June. After that I've only gone to Florida in the winter months. However, even northern MN had record heat and humidity last summer. Good old climate change.