Sailing "live-on-board" Scow #501

  • Darrell
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2013
      Thanks for the links to the drawings of #501....My problem is that I need some high resolution pics. I have a Nvidia Quatro video board, but the numbers and letters just don't have the resolution.

      I requested by Email some drawings for "Alma" from the San Francisco Maritime Museum, and I can read the numbers and letters on it, so I know my graphics system works.

      Do any of you know if the plans for #501 are still $400? I don't know how dated the info in the article containing the drawings is.

      Darrell Turner
      darrellturner.net
    • BruceHallman
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2013
        I have started a 3D computer model of design #501.  Not completed yet, but here is a teaser gif.

      • Dario
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2013
          Thanks so much for the 3-D renderings of #501....I'm fascinated by the concept of living on such a boat, so unpretentious but yet so effective. With a metal plated bottom it could neap itself in so many places.

          Do you know if the USS Surprise was Mr. Bolger's greatest achievment, in his own estimation? My wife and I are going to visit her Saturday, I hope, if the grandkids don't invade, that is.  We live in San Diego.

          Do I have your permission to post a link to your 3-D renderings on my website, darrellturner.net  ?

          Again, thanks a lot.

          Darrell Turner

          I have started a 3D computer model of design #501.  Not completed yet, but here is a teaser gif.

        • phil.bolger
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 8, 2013
            Still the same !
            As usual, make check out to "Phil Bolger & Friends Inc."
            Susanne Altenburger, PB&F