Late on Otter II - a pic afloat - also seen some BS & SB (was Re: Boat plans)

  • c.ruzer
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2013
      Nice OTTER something http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-AJG_cz3jNPU/UPvBJ5E0umI/AAAAAAAAB38/SDURiLS7zSU/s1600/Otter+II+001.jpg
      and BLACK SKIMMER http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-MAazfzdqtlo/UPuPRmz8UTI/AAAAAAAAB10/Wq4fNyLGctg/s1600/blackskimmer5.jpg
      from http://rosslillistonewoodenboat.blogspot.com.au/

      Evidence of 1st SUPERBRICK? What of the 1st prize? See photo 1st row, 3rd column for the sail for sale from:
      http://www.polysail.com/Custom.htm

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "pthelin1" wrote:

      > Now that Phil has passed, is there a resource for his boat plans?
    • BruceHallman
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 31, 2013
        Evidence of 1st SUPERBRICK? What of the 1st prize? See photo 1st row, 3rd column for the sail for sale from:

        The plans specify a 232 sf lateen sail, and that polysail is 231 sf.  Correct lateen shape too.  Enticing clue, there might be a real full sized Superbrick out there!  Someone please get out and find her!

      • John Boy
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 31, 2013
          Send Dave an e-mail and ask him if he can contact the guy he made the sail for.  Maybe he finished it or maybe not...  polysail@...
          John Boy

          Robert Louis Stevenson, Treasure Island

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 31, 2013
            I think that sail was for Paul H's Atlanta area SuperBrick.
            Seems like that was reported as known a while back, maybe a known unknown or was it an unknown known.

            Haven't seen any hull updates on progress in a long time.

            I still have my pledged $25 under a bookend brick on my Bolger book shelf.
            I have $11 in my wallet, I'll stick the two fives under the brick right now. So I'm in at the $35 dollar level.

            Maybe we should plan a flashmob to go help with SB?

            Justin

            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, John Boy wrote:

            > Send Dave an e-mail and ask him if he can contact the guy he made the sail for.  Maybe he finished it or maybe not...  polysail@...
            > John Boy
            >

            > I have a blog!  http://toon2sailor.blogspot.com/
            >
            > “Seaward ho! Hang the treasure! It's the glory of the sea that has turned my head.”
            >
            > Robert Louis Stevenson, Treasure Island

          • harryjak
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 31, 2013
              I promised $50 for the pot, would love to pay up, especially if it was somewhere I
              could get a ride.

              HJ

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 1, 2013
                You guys don't know how little teasing would be necessary to make me build a Superbrick.  Arrrrrgh.