Re: Elco 26 Imitation??

  • Gregory
    Message 1 of 28 , Jan 23, 2013
      The Bolger group is in fact all inclusive for boating and boatbuilding - especially Bolger and Bolger-inspired. Any "on-topic" within that range is fair game. The goal is to build more boats and promote and propagate PCB's and SA's boats, plans, and ideas or even extrapolations.

      }Description
      }Discussing and building Philip C. Bolger's (1927-2009) boat designs }and similar.
      }
      }This is a spam-free, on topic group - pretty much anything boating, }design, or boat-building related is fair game. Please don't repost }Spam. Spammers and flamers will be bounced off.

      BTW, who here still dates back to Chris Noto's listserver from the 90's? Anyone?

      Anyone wishing to discuss list mechanics/politics are welcome to email me off-list. Otherwise, everyone's welcome here.

      Gregg Carlson/Moderator

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Long" wrote:

      > I guess we'll have to agree to disagree there, Rocky. PCB was never afraid to acknowledge the influence of other designers or even point a potential client to another designer if that would be better match. He often acknowledged other designers in his work. IIRC, he mentioned Jim Michalak in BWAOM as the consulting engineer on the mast of his big steel leeboard sharpie motorsailer for Pacific island commerce. Like I said, this group has long included Jim's work in it's discussions. Cheers, Matthew
      >
      > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, captainrocky@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Would you recommend Ford on the Chevy site or try to tout Coke on the Pepsi site ? Nothing against an imitator but this IS a Bolger site. Sues response was a lot milder than mine would have been. Nice restraint Sue! Capt. Rocky

    • John Kohnen
      Message 2 of 28 , Jan 23, 2013
        Me! I've been here just about forever...

        On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 17:26:31 -0800, Gregg wrote:

        > The Bolger group is in fact all inclusive for boating and boatbuilding -
        > especially Bolger and Bolger-inspired. Any "on-topic" within that range
        > is fair game. The goal is to build more boats and promote and propagate
        > PCB's and SA's boats, plans, and ideas or even extrapolations.
        > BTW, who here still dates back to Chris Noto's listserver from the 90's?
        > Anyone?

        John (jkohnen@...)
        His heart was bound in oak and triple brass who first committed
        a fragile bark to the raging sea... (Horace)