Re: help ID a boat design

  • daschultz8275@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 15, 2013
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "ozarknjrat" wrote:

      > Bingo! Did a google search using those terms and the second image hit was it.
      >
      > http://www.jimsboats.com/15feb11.htm

      Nice catch Mark. I was ready to say it was more Michalak than Bolger, and definitely NOT Hawkeye. Gracious of Jim Michalak to post a pic of a heavily modified build. Most designers would not.
    • Joseph Stromski
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 16, 2013
        I wonder what led the builder to do a box keel on that hull. It sounds like its mainly being used as a canal cruiser, and the original flat bottom would be OK for that.
        Best,
        Joe

        > Bingo! Did a google search using those terms and the second image hit was it.
        >
        > http://www.jimsboats.com/15feb11.htm

        Nice catch Mark. I was ready to say it was more Michalak than Bolger, and definitely NOT Hawkeye. Gracious of Jim Michalak to post a pic of a heavily modified build. Most designers would not.

      • Tim Jennings
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 16, 2013
          Did I not read that one of the builders noted that basic Sows Ear to be quite affected by the wind?  Perhaps that led to the box keel, or maybe the cabin sole steps down into the keel for headroom?

          Tim

          --
          Tim Jennings
          Director of Facilities