Re: help ID a boat design

  • ozarknjrat
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 15, 2013
      Bingo! Did a google search using those terms and the second image hit was it.

      http://www.jimsboats.com/15feb11.htm

      Thanks Mark!

      John

    • daschultz8275@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 15, 2013
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "ozarknjrat" wrote:

        > Bingo! Did a google search using those terms and the second image hit was it.
        >
        > http://www.jimsboats.com/15feb11.htm

        Nice catch Mark. I was ready to say it was more Michalak than Bolger, and definitely NOT Hawkeye. Gracious of Jim Michalak to post a pic of a heavily modified build. Most designers would not.
      • Joseph Stromski
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 16, 2013
          I wonder what led the builder to do a box keel on that hull. It sounds like its mainly being used as a canal cruiser, and the original flat bottom would be OK for that.
          Best,
          Joe

          > Bingo! Did a google search using those terms and the second image hit was it.
          >
          > http://www.jimsboats.com/15feb11.htm

          Nice catch Mark. I was ready to say it was more Michalak than Bolger, and definitely NOT Hawkeye. Gracious of Jim Michalak to post a pic of a heavily modified build. Most designers would not.

        • Tim Jennings
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 16, 2013
            Did I not read that one of the builders noted that basic Sows Ear to be quite affected by the wind?  Perhaps that led to the box keel, or maybe the cabin sole steps down into the keel for headroom?

            Tim

            --
            Tim Jennings
            Director of Facilities