Re: Martha Jane for sale

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 3, 2013
      Sounds like one and the same.
      Eric

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Mason Smith" wrote:

      > This sounds like a Martha Jane that was until recently in self-storage near
      > Albany. The bill there was paid and the boat removed within the past couple
      > of months. Is this the one now near Ithaca? Call this "serious
      > interest."--Mason

    • Mason Smith
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 3, 2013

        I’m now in touch with the owner. The boat is near Ithaca.---Mason

        > This sounds like a Martha Jane that was until recently in self-storage near
        > Albany. The bill there was paid and the boat removed within the past couple
        > of months. Is this the one now near Ithaca? Call this "serious
        > interest."--Mason

      • leighpilot
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 16, 2014
          I bought it. Have built a new leeboard , main mast. Cleaned the interior, repainted the entire , new sails. Comments queries, suggestions all welcome.

          Leigh Ross.
          Leighpilot@....
        • BruceHallman
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 16, 2014
            This is exciting!  I am reminded of seeing George Broadlick's Martha Jane in Glochester inner harbor, truly an impressive boat.  Hope you have lots of fun.

              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 16, 2014
                Where is she berthed?

                Sent from my iPhone

                On Apr 16, 2014, at 12:24 PM, <Leighpilot@...> wrote:

                I bought it. Have built a new leeboard , main mast. Cleaned the interior, repainted the entire , new sails. Comments queries, suggestions all welcome.

                Leigh Ross.

              • harryjak
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 16, 2014
                  Video of George and his Martha Jane at the memorial

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILa2JF9fY3E

                  HJ

                  This is exciting! I am reminded of seeing George Broadlick's Martha Jane
                  > in Glochester inner harbor, truly an impressive boat. Hope you have lots
                  > of fun.
                  >
                  > https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2457/3943161484_0505eb5f30.jpg
                  >

                  > On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 9:24 AM, <Leighpilot@...> wrote:
                  >

                  >> I bought it. Have built a new leeboard , main mast. Cleaned the interior,
                  >> repainted the entire , new sails. Comments queries, suggestions all
                  >> welcome.
                  >>
                  >> Leigh Ross.
                  >> Leighpilot@....

                • leighpilot
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 13, 2016

                  Hi folk,

                  Well "She who Must be Obeyed" has decreed a larger boat , so Pelican, our beloved Martha Jane ,  is reluctantly up for sale.

                  Built in 1991 and fully refurbished by yours truly 2013/2014. New mast, boom, yard, sails , interior, porta potti, leeboard etc etc. Excellent two axle surge braked trailer with new tires LED waterproof lights. Even has a queen size memory foam mattress for the ultimate in marine sleeping comfort. Removable galley box with two burner stove and a cooler. Asking $4200 or about 70% of what I have in her but you know how that goes. We are doing a two week fall cruise on her soon so if I don't reply immediately it's because there's no signal up some tiny creek.

                  Email or call for more photos , details etc.

                  Leigh Ross Effort PA ( northeast , 100 miles west of NYC ) 484 464 1575 leighpilot@...