Re: Martha Jane for sale

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 2 1:11 PM
      Details: Built 1993 by Paul Smith (letter from Phil Bolger). Sailed by Paul for many years in San Juan Islands. At some point got to Albany, NY area and was used as a camp cruiser until that owner was killed while riding a bicycle. Spent a couple of years in outside storage exposed to the elements while the estate was settled. The deterioration resulting includes: kick up rudder mechanism, rub rails and other exterior wood (some may need replacement), leeboards, and the mast needs replacement. I could see no hull damage, and the leeboard damage is minor or simply cosmetic. Interior dirty/messy, and I would change the arrangements. Mice have done minor damage to the sails. Aluminum yard and boom. There is some sort of cockpit tent. Suzuki 9.9 two stroke with alternator appears to be in excellent shape. Trailer has no title and a flat tire, otherwise excellent. There are at least two worthwhile anchors and rode. This boat is definitely worth restoring and the owner only wants to sell to someone who will restore the boat. The owner, Chris, is willing to entertain reasonable offers. Contact Chris at area code 6 zero 7, three two seven, 1647 to discuss further.

      Eric

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <eric14850@...> wrote:

      > A couple of people are interested. I'll see what I can do. Has been hard to connect with the person just to ask his plans for the boat, and even then I just got to talk to his house mate.
      > Eric
      >

      > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "etap28" <dave.irland@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Eric
      > > Is there any way to get in touch with the owner? I don't want to waste anybody's time but I would be interested in a photo or two and a baseline price . . .
      > > Dave
      > >
      > > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <eric14850@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > A Martha Jane in pretty rough but restorable shape on an excellent four wheel trailer is available in Ithaca, NY. No price but the owner is interested in selling the boat. If there is any serious interest I will look into the matter further. The mast and rub rails would have to be replaced. I have not thoroughly examined the boat, but the hull appears to be in good shape and is fiberglass covered.
      > > >
      > > > Eric

    • Eric
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 3 6:49 AM
        Sounds like one and the same.
        Eric

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Mason Smith" wrote:

        > This sounds like a Martha Jane that was until recently in self-storage near
        > Albany. The bill there was paid and the boat removed within the past couple
        > of months. Is this the one now near Ithaca? Call this "serious
        > interest."--Mason

      • Mason Smith
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 3 7:24 AM

          I’m now in touch with the owner. The boat is near Ithaca.---Mason

          > This sounds like a Martha Jane that was until recently in self-storage near
          > Albany. The bill there was paid and the boat removed within the past couple
          > of months. Is this the one now near Ithaca? Call this "serious
          > interest."--Mason

        • leighpilot
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 16, 2014
            I bought it. Have built a new leeboard , main mast. Cleaned the interior, repainted the entire , new sails. Comments queries, suggestions all welcome.

            Leigh Ross.
            Leighpilot@....
          • BruceHallman
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 16, 2014
              This is exciting!  I am reminded of seeing George Broadlick's Martha Jane in Glochester inner harbor, truly an impressive boat.  Hope you have lots of fun.

                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 16, 2014
                  Where is she berthed?

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  On Apr 16, 2014, at 12:24 PM, <Leighpilot@...> wrote:

                  I bought it. Have built a new leeboard , main mast. Cleaned the interior, repainted the entire , new sails. Comments queries, suggestions all welcome.

                  Leigh Ross.

                • harryjak
                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 16, 2014
                    Video of George and his Martha Jane at the memorial

                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILa2JF9fY3E

                    HJ

                    This is exciting! I am reminded of seeing George Broadlick's Martha Jane
                    > in Glochester inner harbor, truly an impressive boat. Hope you have lots
                    > of fun.
                    >
                    > https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2457/3943161484_0505eb5f30.jpg
                    >

                    > On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 9:24 AM, <Leighpilot@...> wrote:
                    >

                    >> I bought it. Have built a new leeboard , main mast. Cleaned the interior,
                    >> repainted the entire , new sails. Comments queries, suggestions all
                    >> welcome.
                    >>
                    >> Leigh Ross.
                    >> Leighpilot@....

                  • leighpilot
                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 13, 2016

                    Hi folk,

                    Well "She who Must be Obeyed" has decreed a larger boat , so Pelican, our beloved Martha Jane ,  is reluctantly up for sale.

                    Built in 1991 and fully refurbished by yours truly 2013/2014. New mast, boom, yard, sails , interior, porta potti, leeboard etc etc. Excellent two axle surge braked trailer with new tires LED waterproof lights. Even has a queen size memory foam mattress for the ultimate in marine sleeping comfort. Removable galley box with two burner stove and a cooler. Asking $4200 or about 70% of what I have in her but you know how that goes. We are doing a two week fall cruise on her soon so if I don't reply immediately it's because there's no signal up some tiny creek.

                    Email or call for more photos , details etc.

                    Leigh Ross Effort PA ( northeast , 100 miles west of NYC ) 484 464 1575 leighpilot@...