Martha Jane for sale

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 30, 2012
      A Martha Jane in pretty rough but restorable shape on an excellent four wheel trailer is available in Ithaca, NY. No price but the owner is interested in selling the boat. If there is any serious interest I will look into the matter further. The mast and rub rails would have to be replaced. I have not thoroughly examined the boat, but the hull appears to be in good shape and is fiberglass covered.

      Eric
    • etap28
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 31, 2012
        Eric
        Is there any way to get in touch with the owner? I don't want to waste anybody's time but I would be interested in a photo or two and a baseline price . . .
        Dave

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <eric14850@...> wrote:

        > A Martha Jane in pretty rough but restorable shape on an excellent four wheel trailer is available in Ithaca, NY. No price but the owner is interested in selling the boat. If there is any serious interest I will look into the matter further. The mast and rub rails would have to be replaced. I have not thoroughly examined the boat, but the hull appears to be in good shape and is fiberglass covered.
        >
        > Eric

      • Eric
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 31, 2012
          A couple of people are interested. I'll see what I can do. Has been hard to connect with the person just to ask his plans for the boat, and even then I just got to talk to his house mate.
          Eric

          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "etap28" <dave.irland@...> wrote:

          > Eric
          > Is there any way to get in touch with the owner? I don't want to waste anybody's time but I would be interested in a photo or two and a baseline price . . .
          > Dave
          >
          > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <eric14850@> wrote:
          > >
          > > A Martha Jane in pretty rough but restorable shape on an excellent four wheel trailer is available in Ithaca, NY. No price but the owner is interested in selling the boat. If there is any serious interest I will look into the matter further. The mast and rub rails would have to be replaced. I have not thoroughly examined the boat, but the hull appears to be in good shape and is fiberglass covered.
          > >
          > > Eric

        • Mason Smith
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 2, 2013

            I am interested in that Martha Jane, at least theoretically. It would not be theoretical at all if somebody comes along and buys at least one of my great Micros! I’m not far from Ithaca, either, and have other reasons to go there. Just no more space and no more money. Do let us know more about the boat, if possible, with pictures.---Mason Smith

            Adirondack Goodboat

            68 North Point Road

            Long Lake, NY 12847

            518 624 6398

            www.adirondackgoodboat.com

            goodboat@...

            A couple of people are interested. I'll see what I can do. Has been hard to connect with the person just to ask his plans for the boat, and even then I just got to talk to his house mate.
            Eric

            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "etap28" <dave.irland@...> wrote:

            > Eric
            > Is there any way to get in touch with the owner? I don't want to waste anybody's time but I would be interested in a photo or two and a baseline price . . .
            > Dave
            >
            > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <eric14850@> wrote:
            > >
            > > A Martha Jane in pretty rough but restorable shape on an excellent four wheel trailer is available in Ithaca, NY. No price but the owner is interested in selling the boat. If there is any serious interest I will look into the matter further. The mast and rub rails would have to be replaced. I have not thoroughly examined the boat, but the hull appears to be in good shape and is fiberglass covered.
            > >
            > > Eric

          • Mason Smith
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 2, 2013

              This sounds like a Martha Jane that was until recently in self-storage near Albany. The bill there was paid and the boat removed within the past couple of months. Is this the one now near Ithaca? Call this “serious interest.”--Mason

              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 2, 2013
                Details: Built 1993 by Paul Smith (letter from Phil Bolger). Sailed by Paul for many years in San Juan Islands. At some point got to Albany, NY area and was used as a camp cruiser until that owner was killed while riding a bicycle. Spent a couple of years in outside storage exposed to the elements while the estate was settled. The deterioration resulting includes: kick up rudder mechanism, rub rails and other exterior wood (some may need replacement), leeboards, and the mast needs replacement. I could see no hull damage, and the leeboard damage is minor or simply cosmetic. Interior dirty/messy, and I would change the arrangements. Mice have done minor damage to the sails. Aluminum yard and boom. There is some sort of cockpit tent. Suzuki 9.9 two stroke with alternator appears to be in excellent shape. Trailer has no title and a flat tire, otherwise excellent. There are at least two worthwhile anchors and rode. This boat is definitely worth restoring and the owner only wants to sell to someone who will restore the boat. The owner, Chris, is willing to entertain reasonable offers. Contact Chris at area code 6 zero 7, three two seven, 1647 to discuss further.

                Eric

                --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <eric14850@...> wrote:

                > A couple of people are interested. I'll see what I can do. Has been hard to connect with the person just to ask his plans for the boat, and even then I just got to talk to his house mate.
                > Eric
                >

                > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "etap28" <dave.irland@> wrote:
                > >

                > > Eric
                > > Is there any way to get in touch with the owner? I don't want to waste anybody's time but I would be interested in a photo or two and a baseline price . . .
                > > Dave
                > >
                > > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <eric14850@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > A Martha Jane in pretty rough but restorable shape on an excellent four wheel trailer is available in Ithaca, NY. No price but the owner is interested in selling the boat. If there is any serious interest I will look into the matter further. The mast and rub rails would have to be replaced. I have not thoroughly examined the boat, but the hull appears to be in good shape and is fiberglass covered.
                > > >
                > > > Eric

              • Eric
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 3, 2013
                  Sounds like one and the same.
                  Eric

                  --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Mason Smith" wrote:

                  > This sounds like a Martha Jane that was until recently in self-storage near
                  > Albany. The bill there was paid and the boat removed within the past couple
                  > of months. Is this the one now near Ithaca? Call this "serious
                  > interest."--Mason

                • Mason Smith
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 3, 2013

                    I’m now in touch with the owner. The boat is near Ithaca.---Mason

                    > This sounds like a Martha Jane that was until recently in self-storage near
                    > Albany. The bill there was paid and the boat removed within the past couple
                    > of months. Is this the one now near Ithaca? Call this "serious
                    > interest."--Mason

                  • leighpilot
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 16, 2014
                      I bought it. Have built a new leeboard , main mast. Cleaned the interior, repainted the entire , new sails. Comments queries, suggestions all welcome.

                      Leigh Ross.
                      Leighpilot@....
                    • BruceHallman
                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 16, 2014
                        This is exciting!  I am reminded of seeing George Broadlick's Martha Jane in Glochester inner harbor, truly an impressive boat.  Hope you have lots of fun.

                          Message 12 of 15 , Apr 16, 2014
                            Where is she berthed?

                            Sent from my iPhone

                            On Apr 16, 2014, at 12:24 PM, <Leighpilot@...> wrote:

                            I bought it. Have built a new leeboard , main mast. Cleaned the interior, repainted the entire , new sails. Comments queries, suggestions all welcome.

                            Leigh Ross.

                          • harryjak
                            Message 13 of 15 , Apr 16, 2014
                              Video of George and his Martha Jane at the memorial

                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILa2JF9fY3E

                              HJ