Re: [bolger] 40ft Slic Chic

  • BruceHallman
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2012
      Thanks, that is a new one to me.  Judging by the relative size of the person to the hull length my guess is that it might a bit longer than 40 ft.  Added it to the listing here:

      http://hallman.org/bolger/isometrics#Slic Chic

      On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 10:29 PM, c.ruzer <c.ruzer@...> wrote:

      FYI

      eBay Item number: 370706165644

      "This is an original magazine ad. It measures 8 1/2 x 11 3/4. The ad is in good condition" (1957? $6)

      "Boats In The Cameras Eye

      Two recent additions to the Chris-Craft line, a sport fisherman designed by Philip Bolger, and a Mercury-powered Kayot pontoon (VW micro bus) share the spotlight."

      The caption to the Bolger design photo reads:

      "Slic Chic" was designed by Philip Bolger, built by E. & H. Boat Works, Lake Park, Fla. Twin 3 to 1 reduction Connell Cadillac Crusaders gives her a sustained cruising speed of 20 knots.

    • c.ruzer
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2012
        Good one Bruce.

        Here's another eBay display Bolger plan scan:

        Vintage (for Jim Orrell)Sampan Express 19 semi-dory.
        Item number: 121034770451 ($5)

        Also there's:

        A one page Yachting magazine article scan of a 44ft power cruiser 1965 built by Mallorca Yacht & Boat Construction Assn, for the Med. Boat Review & Specs
        Item number: 400346259803 ($6)

        Different boats
        Item number: 310503480366 ($67.97)

        Bolger boats: Combining Small boats and The folding schooner, and other adventur Plenty of primers on Bolger unified water flow theory in there, but fwiw no peas - neither frozen nor seasoned nor seasof.
        Item number: 321020901990 ($63.14)

        I've no dog in those races - recently scored a signed FS though, but eBay are attempting to extort extra profit from non-existant undisclosed at auction "global shipping program" "import charges" by deception. Most probably I'll have to sue the dogs and ACCC on them.

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 7, 2012
        Pretty cool.  The Sampan Express 19  is a favorite of mine, and I have never seen those drawings.  The design number is barely legible, either 186 or 185.  The Texas Dory 8 1/2" x11" plan sheets call this the Texas Dory 19.    (I just updated it to the design index, totaling 562 known designs.)

        The 44 footer from Yachting Magazine 1965 I believe is called Mediterranean Express

        On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 11:24 AM, c.ruzer <c.ruzer@...> wrote:
        400346259803