40ft Slic Chic

  • c.ruzer
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2012
      FYI

      eBay Item number: 370706165644

      "This is an original magazine ad. It measures 8 1/2 x 11 3/4. The ad is in good condition" (1957? $6)

      "Boats In The Cameras Eye

      Two recent additions to the Chris-Craft line, a sport fisherman designed by Philip Bolger, and a Mercury-powered Kayot pontoon (VW micro bus) share the spotlight."

      The caption to the Bolger design photo reads:

      "Slic Chic" was designed by Philip Bolger, built by E. & H. Boat Works, Lake Park, Fla. Twin 3 to 1 reduction Connell Cadillac Crusaders gives her a sustained cruising speed of 20 knots.
    • BruceHallman

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 7, 2012
          Good one Bruce.

          Here's another eBay display Bolger plan scan:

          Vintage (for Jim Orrell)Sampan Express 19 semi-dory.
          Item number: 121034770451 ($5)

          Also there's:

          A one page Yachting magazine article scan of a 44ft power cruiser 1965 built by Mallorca Yacht & Boat Construction Assn, for the Med. Boat Review & Specs
          Item number: 400346259803 ($6)

          Different boats
          Item number: 310503480366 ($67.97)

          Bolger boats: Combining Small boats and The folding schooner, and other adventur Plenty of primers on Bolger unified water flow theory in there, but fwiw no peas - neither frozen nor seasoned nor seasof.
          Item number: 321020901990 ($63.14)

          I've no dog in those races - recently scored a signed FS though, but eBay are attempting to extort extra profit from non-existant undisclosed at auction "global shipping program" "import charges" by deception. Most probably I'll have to sue the dogs and ACCC on them.

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 7, 2012
          Pretty cool.  The Sampan Express 19  is a favorite of mine, and I have never seen those drawings.  The design number is barely legible, either 186 or 185.  The Texas Dory 8 1/2" x11" plan sheets call this the Texas Dory 19.    (I just updated it to the design index, totaling 562 known designs.)

          The 44 footer from Yachting Magazine 1965 I believe is called Mediterranean Express

          On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 11:24 AM, c.ruzer <c.ruzer@...> wrote:
          400346259803