Xmas-Tree Rig again (was, some time ago, Re: Isometric, 19ft6in 'Minimum Proa')

  • c.ruzer
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 27, 2012
      Bruce,

      The above Joseph Norwood photo as b&w is also in the "Proa Background" article (MAIB V21NO5) along with the 'proa concept study' drawing lines (ie., 'minimum proa', 'cartoon'... / BWAOM, SBJ), and also the historic lines of Anson and Munroe.

      The Proa 20 (sic)(V21NO6) has boat photos (one afloat, one on trailer, of the Noumean boat?); a photo of a sail lying on the ground (Norwood's?); a three views lines drawing; and an explanatory captioned cartoon of the recommended shunting procedure that's more developed than that seen in BWAOM or SBJ.

      The wonderful Proa-60 (sic) respective MAIB images are astounding lines illustrations in V24N01, V24N02, and V24N06.

      Of course I'd like a Proa-60 one, yet I'm pro a 20 too!

      > I am missing images of Proa 20 and Proa 60, though I will go digging through stacks of paper to see if I can find those MAIB's.
    • c.ruzer
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 3, 2012
        Maybe two more branches to add to this tree... There are other proas big and small based pretty much on the hull shape but diverging in the rudder/leeway and/or sail (sloop) treatment. However, if Cod's double ended Dynamite Sailboard proa experiment kept to the una rig then it seems to me it's following pretty much in the Minimum Proa ideas. The other that's come to mind is, of course, the Jim Michalak Gizmo design.